From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Remark)
|Look up comment, commenting, or comments in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A comment is generally a verbal or written remark often related to an added piece of information, or an observation or statement. These are usually marked with an abbreviation, such as "obs." or "N.B."
Comment may refer to:
Computing and Internet
- Comment (computer programming), information embedded in the source code of a computer program, often explanatory text
- HTML comment & XML comment, hidden elements with documents
- Comment programming, a software development technique that is based on the regular use of comment tags
- Request for Comments, an Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) memorandum on Internet systems and standards
- Comments in configuration files, the initial settings for some computer programs
- Comments and annotations in word processing documents
- Public comment, a term of art used by various government agencies in the United States to refer to seeking oral or written comments
- Obiter dictum, a remark or observation made by a judge that does not form a necessary part of the court's decision
- Comments on proposed rules under the rulemaking process in United States administrative law
- "Comment ça va" (French for "How do you do?"), a 1983 pop song by Dutch boy band The Shorts
- "Comment (If All Men Are Truly Brothers)", a 1969 song by Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band
Publishing and media
- Law review, a scholarly journal focusing on legal issues, normally published by an organization of students at a law school or through a bar association
- Newspaper editorial, an opinion piece written by the senior editorial staff or publisher of a newspaper or magazine
- Op-ed, a newspaper article that expresses the opinions of a named writer who is usually unaffiliated with the newspaper's editorial board
- Peer review, the evaluation of work by people of similar competence to the producers of the work
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.