|Initial release||October 12, 2011iOS 5)
June 25, 2012 (with OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion")
|Operating system||iOS 5 and later
OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" or later
Reminders is an application for iOS and OS X that allows users to set notifications for themselves and create lists. It was a new feature in iOS 5 and OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion". The application can sync data between iOS and OS X through iCloud.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (January 2013)|
The Reminders app can have multiple user-created lists of reminders. Each reminder has a title and can be marked as completed (checked), and is automatically hidden. Additionally, each reminder can optionally have the following:
- A priority, from "Low" to "High"
- A note about the reminder
- An alarm at a certain date and time. If a time-based alert is set, it can repeat every day, week, two weeks, month, or year.
- An alarm when a geofence around an area is crossed ("when I leave the conference" or "when I get home")
- Cipriani, Jason (September 13, 2011). "How to use the iOS 5 Reminders app". CNet. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- Snell, Jason (February 16, 2012). "Mountain Lion: Hands on with Notes and Reminders". MacWorld. Retrieved January 28, 2013.