Remote job entry
Remote job entry is the process of sending jobs to Mainframe computers from remote workstations, and by extension the process of receiving output from mainframe jobs at a remote workstation.
The terms Remote Batch, Remote Job System, and Remote Job Processing are also used for RJE facilities.
Remote Job Entry (RJE) is also the name of an OS/360 component that provided RJE services. An RJE workstation operator may have complete console control of the job flow between the workstation and mainframe, depending on local configuration and policy.
NETRJS is the protocol developed by the Campus Computing Network at UCLA to deliver batch jobs to their IBM 360 Model 91. This protocol was originally assigned to ARPANET Initial Connection Protocol sockets 71, 73, and 75, and later reassigned to Internet ports 71-74.
See also 
- Houston Automatic Spooling Priority (HASP)
- Asymmetric Multiprocessing System, 360A-CX-15X, previously known as Attached Support Processor
- IBM (November 1968), IBM System/360 Operating System Remote Job Entry Program Number 360S-RC-536, C30-2006-2.
- Braden, R.; S. Wolfe (January 1971). NETRJS - A THIRD LEVEL PROTOCOL FOR REMOTE JOB ENTRY. IETF. RFC 88. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc88.
- Braden, R. T. (January 1971). CCN AS A NETWORK SERVICE CENTER. IETF. RFC 90. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc90.
- Postel, J. (November 1977). ASSIGNED NUMBERS. IETF. RFC 739. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc739.
- Postel, J.; J. Vernon (January 1983). ASSIGNED NUMBERS. IETF. RFC 820. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc820.
- IBM, OS/VS2 HASP II Version 4 System Programmer's Guide Program 370H-TX-001, GC27-6992.
- IBM, IBM System/360 and System/370 Asymmetric Multiprocessing System: General Information Manual, Program Number 360A-CX-15X, GH20-1173.
|This computer networking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|