|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
In computer storage, some types of removable media are designed to be read to or written to by removable readers, writers and drives.
- Optical discs (Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs)
- Memory cards (CompactFlash card, Secure Digital card, Memory Stick)
- Zip disks/other Floppy disks
- Disk packs
- Magnetic tapes
- Paper data storage (punched cards, punched tapes)
Some removable media readers and drives are integrated into computers, others are themselves removable.
Removable media may also refer to some removable storage devices, when they are used to transport or store data. Examples include:
- USB flash drives
- External hard disk drives; traditional IDE, EIDE, SCSSI, and SSD, for example
- Devices that are common today may include
|This computer hardware article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|