|— Notified Area Council —|
|Elevation||20 m (70 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (+5.30)|
Remuna is located at  It has an average elevation of 20 metres (65 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census Remuna had a population of 28,958. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Remuna has an average literacy rate of 63%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 69%, and female literacy is 53%. In Remuna, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Birthplace of Baladeva Vidyabhushana,eminent scholar who propounded Achintya Bhedabheda doctrine among Gaudiya Vaishnavas
- Kshirachora Gopinatha Temple: This is an ancient Gopinatha temple built in the 12th century by King Langula Narasinha Deba of Utkala. Built in a Utkaliya style of temple architecture this temple is surrounded by few Mathas and temples along with the principal deity Gopinatha. Kheera Bhoga and Abadha prasada are the famous Bhoga of this temple.
- Jagannath temple
- Goudia Radhakrishna Temple
- Gargeswara Mahadeba Temple
- Saptasara River
- Madhabendra Goudia Math
- Kanaka Durga Temple
Art & Craft
Remuna is famous for brass and bronze applique and utensils which are very intricate and well crafted. The local artisans have been doing this for ages and selling them in the local market and exporting to other places.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Remuna
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Yatri Nivas - Remuna, Orissa, Orissa. HolidayIQ.com
- Khirochora Gopinatha temple. eOdissa.com
|This article about a location in Baleswar district (Balasore), Odisha, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|