June 16, 1980
|Known for||Comedy, comedy music|
|Web hosting service(s)||YouTube|
Remy Munasifi (born June 16, 1980) is an Arab-American stand-up comedian, parody musician and video artist who became an Internet celebrity after his production of comedic sketches based on Arabs under the name "GoRemy" on YouTube. His videos had gained over 82 million views as of early 2014.
Munasifi was born in Washington, D.C. and grew up in Virginia. He has an Iraqi father, a doctor, and a Lebanese mother, a Pilates instructor. Munasifi graduated from the Honors Program at Wheeling Jesuit University in Wheeling, West Virginia in 2002.
Munasifi's comedic alter-ego "Habib Abdul Habib" received much popularity for joking about matters such as U.S. security screening. He is known for a video titled "Arlington: The Rap", which received 300,000 views in less than a day.
A question concerning taxation that Munasifi set to music and posted on YouTube was played during a televised 2008 debate of United States Democratic Presidential candidates. He has also appeared on Fox News many times.
He has performed several times in the New York Arab-American Comedy Festival. Munasifi's debut EP, titled The Falafel Album, is available on iTunes. The Falafel Album was highly influenced by Munasifi's Iraqi and Lebanese heritage, especially culture and food.
Munasifi's 2011 political spoof video titled "Raise the Debt Ceiling" had over 195,000 hits on YouTube . He was interviewed on Fox News about the content of the song as well as his views about the debt ceiling.
- the cd. (2009)
- The Falafel Album (2010)
- Sharmila Devi, Remy Munasifi's falafel songs dispel Arab stereotypes The National. October 30, 2010. Retrieved May 31, 2011
- , GoRemy YouTube Channel Stats.
- Kris Coronado. Whatever Happened To ... The comedic rapper who hit it big on YouTube The Washington Post. May 9, 2010. Retrieved May 31, 2011
- Sarah El-Richani, Talking To: US-Lebanese Comedian Remy Munasifi Now! Lebananon. August 31, 2009. Retrieved May 31, 2011
- http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/comedian-remy-munasifi-raise-debt-ceiling-14189941 - ABC News - Remy Munasifi "Raise The Debt Ceiling"