|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
He was born on 4 April 1915 in L'Échelle.
He died on 9 August 2004 in Ajaccio.
In 1935, he became a student of École normale supérieure de Saint-Cloud.
He was the co-editor of Journal of history of science.
His General History of Science (last edition in 1996, PUF, Quadriga) is a major reference in the field of history of science
- To continue the calculus (collection of Abbot Moreux), 1945?
- History of computing, coll. "What do I know? "1946
- Mental arithmetic , Presses Universitaires de France , coll. "What do I know? " n o 605, Paris. First edition: 1953, 128 p., (notice BnF n o FRBNF326561651 ) . Last Edit: 1979, 126 p., ( ISBN 2-13-035802-0 ), (notice BnF n o FRBNF34655169f ) .
- Casualties and accidents of scientific discovery: illustration of some characteristic stages of the evolution of science, published by Masson et al. "Evolution Science" n o 6, Paris, 1955, 172 p., (notice BnF n o FRBNF32656167q ) .
- General History of Science (1957 to 1964), reissue (1966-1983).
- Historical Studies of Science (collected his 85 th birthday by Danielle Fauque Myriana Ilic and Robert Halleux), Brepols Publishing, coll. "From diversis artibus" n o 47, Turnhout, 2000, 544 p., ( ISBN 2-503-51007-8 ), (notice BnF n o FRBNF37734558t ) .
- Later writings, 2000, compiled by R. Halleux
- CAPH - Archive Centre of Philosophy, History and Science Edition (USR 3308 CIRPHLES, CNRS / ENS) Archival work of René Taton.
- René Taton at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
|This article about a French historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|