||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
Renat Ravelievich Kuzmin, First Deputy Prosecutor General of Ukraine State Counselor of Justice of the1st class. Kuzmin is wanted by the General Prosecutor of Ukraine and his believed to be hiding in Russia.
- Born on July 12, 1967 in Donetsk city.
- 1985 – student of the Ukrainian Law Academy /Kharkiv city/.
- 1986 – employee of compulsory military service.
- 1988 – employee of Donetsk Production and Trade Knitwear Partnership.
- 1991 – trainee of Donetsk Inter-district Prosecutor’s Office for Nature Protection.
- 1991 – trainee of the Prosecutor’s Office of Leninskyi District of Donetsk City.
- 1992 – Senior Assistant to the Prosecutor of Leninskyi District of Donetsk City.
- 1992 – Deputy Prosecutor of Leninskyi District of Donetsk City.
- 1994 – Deputy Prosecutor of Voroshylovskyi District of Donetsk City.
- 1995 – Prosecutor of Donetsk Inter-district Prosecutor’s Office for Nature Protection.
- 1998 – Prosecutor of Kirovskyi District of Donetsk City.
- 1999 – Head of Department of the Prosecutor’s Office of Donetsk Region.
- 1999 – Prosecutor of Makiivka City of Donetsk Region.
- 2003 – Deputy Prosecutor of Donetsk Region – Head of Department of the Prosecutor’s Office of Donetsk Region.
- 2003 – Prosecutor of Kyiv City.
- 2005 – Senior Assistant to the Prosecutor of Kyiv Region.
- 2005 – Deputy Prosecutor of Kyiv Region.
- 2006–10 – Deputy Prosecutor General of Ukraine
- 2010–14 – First Deputy Prosecutor General of Ukraine.
Since 26 June 2014 Kuzmin is wanted by the Ukrainian police for "deliberately illegal arrest or illegally bringing to court", an act pinisable with "deprival of the right to hold definite posts or deal with definite activities for a term up to five years", or imprisonment for a three-year term. According to police, Kuzmin disappeared on June 1, 2014. As deputy prosecutor general, Kuzmin dealt with the investigations in the criminal cases against Yulia Tymoshenko.
- Member of the Collegium of the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine.
- Member of the High Council of Justice of Ukraine.
- Member of the National Anti-Corruption Committee /Decree of the President of Ukraine dated March 16, 2012 # 201/2012/.
- Member of the Working Group on Reforming Prosecution Service and Bar /Resolution of the President of Ukraine dated November 22, 2011 # 362/2011-рп/.
- Member of the Working Group on Reforming Criminal Justice / Decree of the President of Ukraine dated August 17, 2010 # 820/2010/.
Academic degree, academic title
Doctor of Laws, Professor of several Kyiv higher educational establishments.
- Renat Kuzmin was conferred the honorable title of the Honoured Jurist of Ukraine on for outstanding service in strengthening the lawfulness in the state by the Decree of the President of Ukraine.
- Renat Kuzmin was awarded Order of Merit of II and III degrees, Letter of Commendation of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (Ukrainian Parliament), Honoured Employee of the Prosecution Service of Ukraine badge, Acknowledgement of bona fide Service in Prosecution Authorities badge of First degree and Acknowledgement for Continuous Spotless Service in Prosecution Authorities.
Directions of activities
He coordinates the activities of deputies Prosecutor General of Ukraine in the Prosecutor General’s Office and of structural units of the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine. He is in charge of organizing the work of the Department of Oversight of Observance of Legislation in the Sphere of External Relations by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and of the Main Department of Investigation of Particularly Important Cases.
The cases against former Minister of the Interior of Ukraine Y.V. Lutsenko under p.5 of art.191 and p.3 of art. 365 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine, p.1 of art.367 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine, against former Deputy Minister of Environmental Protection of Ukraine H.H. Filipchuk under p.3 of art.365 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine, against former Prime Minister of Ukraine Y.V. Tymoshenko under p.3 of art. 365 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine were forwarded to court under supervision of Renat Kuzmin.
Renat Kuzmin initiated criminal proceedings against former President of Ukraine L.D. Kuchma according to the fact of exceeding authority and official powers that caused grave consequences for the protected by law rights and interests of citizens H.R. Gongadze and O.I. Podolskyi under p.3 of art. 166 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (in edition of the Criminal Code of Ukraine of 1960).
Renat Kuzmin supervised the pre-trial investigation into the criminal case of criminal activity of S.F. Tkach who committed a number of premeditated killings and attempted murders combined with raping of women, underage and minor girls in1984-2005, for which 8 persons were illegally convicted as the investigation found out. The investigation of newly found circumstances was conducted according to every established fact of illegal conviction of persons in given case and in 2008-2010 the courts repealed the judgments concerning illegal conviction.
4 criminal cases against policemen were investigated and forwarded to court, who using unauthorized methods of investigation, pressure and physical violence forced the illegally convicted persons to criminate themselves the commission of these grave crimes.
Scientific researches of R. Kuzmin were published in specialized Ukrainian editions "Herald of the Academy of Prosecution of Ukraine", "Prosecution Service. Man. State", "Juridical Chronicle", "Herald of the Prosecution Service", "Our Law", "Scientific Herald of the National Academy of Internal Affairs" at different time.
In 2011 monograph of R. Kuzmin "Economic and Legal Mechanism of Decriminalization of Economy of Ukraine" was published.
Scientific article "Defamation as Means of Illegal Influence on Court and Investigation in Ukraine" was published in the specialized edition - newspaper Law and Business # 11 (1101), March 16-22, 2013
Fugitive from justice
1 june 2014 Ukrainian court decided to arrest Renat Ravelievich Kuzmin for offenses provided for by Part 3 of Article 371 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. Since Kuzmin fugitive from justice and the international wanted list 
- Ukraine accuses Russia of breaking CIS agreements over Yanukovych extradition, Interfax-Ukraine (12 January 2015)
- "Poroshenko wins presidential election with 54.7% of vote - CEC". Radio Ukraine International. 29 May 2014.
(Russian) Results election of Ukrainian president, Телеграф (29 May 2014)
- Ex-first deputy prosecutor general of Ukraine Kuzmin on wanted list, Interfax-Ukraine (26 June 2014)