|Motto||Connecteur de savoirs|
|Formation||27 January 1993|
|Legal status||Groupement d’Intérêt Public|
Deployed at the beginning of the 1990s, RENATER (National telecommunications network for Technology, Education and Research) provides a national and international connectivity via the pan-European GÉANT network, to more than 1,000 education and research sites in Metropolitan France and Overseas Departments and Territories. The RENATER network is an important and added value tool for research and education. It makes easier the collaborative work of the French researchers with their colleagues (data transfers and acquisitions, videoconferencing, spreadsheets etc.). Its infrastructure is constantly upgraded to fulfill the users needs.
RENATER supports IPv6.
The following services are offered to RENATER's community:
- End to end circuits (VPN MPLS, optical paths...)
- Classes of service
- Resource management (prefix allocation, domain names registration,...)
- Authentication services (server and personal certificates)
- Education-Research identity federation
- Anti-spam service
- Mobility service (eduroam)
- Voice and image services (VoIP and video)
- Security service (CERT)
|This computer networking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|