Rendezvous Sports World
|This article is outdated. (June 2012)|
Rendezvous Sports World (RSW) is a new cricket franchise in the Indian Premier League which has 10% of equity on Kochi IPL Team. Rendezvous Sports World Limited is a consortium made up of multiple companies. It had made the winning bid of USD 333 million in a global invitation to tender process called by the IPL for two new franchises from IPL season 2011.
In April 2010, it threatened to sue IPL commissioner Lalit Modi for breaking confidentiality terms by disclosing details of the stakeholders in the new Kochi IPL team on the micro-blogging website Twitter.
As per details revealed by IPL commissioner Lalit Modi, following is the share holding pattern of Kochi Franchise.
- Rendezvous 25% free Equity
- Rendezvous World Sports 1%
- Anchor Earth Movers Pvt. Ltd. 27%
- Parinee Developers Pvt. Ltd. 26%
- Film waves combine 12%
- Anand Shyam Pvt. Ltd. 8%
- Vivek venugopal 1%
Modi further revealed that of the Rendezvous 25% free, 18 percent share (4.5% of total equity worth Rs. 70 Crores) is held as sweat equity by Sunanda Pushkar, who was then a female friend and later wife of Congress Politician Shashi Tharoor. Later amidst demands for Tharoor's resignation from the Union Cabinet by the opposition parties for alleged corruption, Sunanda Pushkar "voluntarily" gave up the sweat equity.
- "Indian Premier League | IPLT20 Two new franchises revealed". Iplt20.com. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- "Rendezvous Sports World threatens to sue Modi - Rediff.com Sports". Cricket.rediff.com. 2010-04-13. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- Satish Nandgaonkar And Our Business Bureau (2010-04-15). "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | Sweat claim turns up heat Sunanda not an employee: Consortium". Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- "Ownership Details of Rendezvous Sports World – Kochi IPL Franchise". Reshap.com. 2010-04-14. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- 16 Apr, 2010, 01.59PM IST,IANS (2010-04-16). "BJP insists on Tharoor's resignation - The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- "Left parties demand Shashi Tharoor's resignation - India - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2010-04-14. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- Special Correspondent (2010-04-18). "The Hindu : Sport / Cricket : Sunanda's surrender of sweat equity seen as "admission of guilt"". Beta.thehindu.com. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- Who is Rendezvous Sports World Limited
- Who owns Rendezvous Sports World - IPL Kochi Franchise
- Tharoor inspired Rendezvous Sports to bid for Kochi
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|