|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 37th district
January 14, 2008
|Preceded by||Art Staed|
December 9, 1970 |
|Residence||Cedar Rapids, Iowa|
|Alma mater||New Mexico State University|
|Occupation||Strategic Planning Consultant|
|Profession||Licensed Mental Health Therapist
Adjunct Professor – Mt. Mercy University
Renee Schulte (born December 9, 1970) is an American politician who is the Iowa State Representative for the 37th District. She has worked as an adjunct professor of psychology at Mount Mercy College in Cedar Rapids and as a family therapist at Four Oaks, a child welfare agency.
As of October 2011[update], Schulte serves on several committees in the Iowa House - the Appropriations, Education, Human Resources, and State Government committees. She also serves as chair of the Administration and Rules Committee and as a member of the Child Welfare Advisory Committee and of the Council on Human Services. She has also been a licensed foster parent and worked as a family therapist for Four Oaks. She has been instrumental in the establishment of mental health care in the State of Iowa. She is a member of the Professional Women's Network.
Schulte graduated from Danville High School in Danville, Illinois. She attended New Mexico State University in Las Cruces, New Mexico, where she earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology and a master’s degree in counseling and educational psychology. Renee and her husband Brent, disciple minister at Antioch Christian Church in Cedar Rapids, previously lived in New Mexico and Texas before moving to Iowa in 2001 to be closer to family.
Schulte narrowly won election to the Iowa House in 2008 defeating Democrat Art Staed, 8628 (49.95%) to 8615 (49.88%). A recount resulted in a net gain of one vote for Staed, leaving the election with a 13-vote margin of victory. Schulte won re-election in 2010, defeating Democratic opponent Mark Seidl. *incumbent
|Iowa House of Representatives elections, 2008 
|Republican gain from Democratic||Renee Schulte||Republican||8,628||50.0|
|Iowa House of Representatives elections, 2010 
|Republican hold||Renee Schulte*||Republican||6,836||52.5|
|Mark J. Seidl||Democratic||5,762||44.3|
Schulte has received the following honors and awards:
- 2011 Emerging Leader - State Legislative Leaders Foundation 
- 2011 Toll Fellowship 
- Voice of Children Award - Orchard Place Board of Directors 
- Iowa Farm Bureau "Friend of Agriculture"
- Iowa Physician Assistant Society "Legislator of the Year"
- "About Renee". Iowa House Republicans. 1970-12-09. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- PWN - Professional Women's Network - Home
- "Biography". Reneeschulte.net. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "November 4, 2008 General Election Results". Iowa Secretary of State. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- Martyn, Chase (2008-11-29). "HD 37 recount does not change result". Iowa Independent (Center for Independent Media). Retrieved 2011-10-10. "On a 2-1 vote, the Recount Board certified the results of the House District 37 race Saturday evening, counting 8,615 votes for Staed and 8,628 for Schulte. That's a 13-vote margin, which means the recount netted Staed one vote."
- "Official Results Report, General Election held November 2, 2010". Iowa Secretary of State. 2010-12-16. p. 78. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- Informatics, Inc. "Professional Women's Network – Home". PWN. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Renee Schulte.|
|Iowa House of Representatives|
2008 – present