Renee Young on WrestleMania Axxess in April 2014.
|Birth name||Renee Paquette|
|Born||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Resides||New York City, New York|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Renee Young|
|Billed height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Billed from||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Debut||March 29, 2013|
Renee Paquette is a Canadian sports broadcaster and actress. She is currently an on-air personality with WWE under the ring name Renee Young, where she performs interviewing and commentating duties. She is a former sportscaster for The Score.
Paquette was born in Toronto, Ontario, and was raised in Ajax, Ontario. She was a child model. After high school, she applied to several colleges and began training in improvisational comedy. At the age of 19, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career as a comedic actress, but later moved back to Toronto and auditioned for films, music videos, and commercials.
The Score (2009–2012)
Paquette began working for The Score in the later months of 2009 on the program called Right After Wrestling, later to be renamed Aftermath, where she presented alongside Arda Ocal and former WWE referee Jimmy Korderas.
Paquette signed with WWE in October 2012, where she was renamed as Renee Young, and made her on-screen debut on the 29 March 2013 episode of SmackDown, interviewing Randy Orton, Big Show, and Sheamus. Young had previously performed interviews exclusively for WWE Active since February 2013, and had also presented the 2012 Survivor Series pre-show alongside Scott Stanford. Young debuted on the January 23 NXT as a backstage interviewer.
Young began co-hosting the World Tour segments, which is a segment detailing the city they are filming in, showcasing various tourist attractions, before later being promoted as a third main presenter on The JBL and Cole Show, which is shown on YouTube and WWE.com. It received a Slammy Award for Favorite Web Show of the Year. She also presents WWE Vintage Collection alongside Hall of Famer Mean Gene Okerlund.
In September 2013, following months of being an interviewer, Young made her commentary debut on NXT. She began to do color commentary during NXT Divas' matches before later becoming a full time color commentator on NXT. On July 3, 2014, WWE announced that Young had officially joined the WWE Superstars commentary team, beginning with the July 3 episode alongside Tom Phillips, making her WWE's first full time female announcer in more than a decade.
Before joining The Score, Paquette worked for BiteTV, where she presented a show about extreme sports and music called Rippin' It-N-Lippin' It during 2008 and 2009. She did a commercial for Oxy and had a part in a Tom Green music video. Prior to this, she had a cameo in the music video for Kelly Clarkson's 2005 song "Behind These Hazel Eyes". She also appeared in an national Noxzema commercial,and did a photoshoot for Toro Magazine.
On being a wrestling fan, Paquette said: "I attended a few events and WrestleMania VI. My dad is a concert promoter and he'd get me into the events. I remember being backstage and meeting Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Chyna, and Trish Stratus as a kid, so it's really funny to me that I ended up here. I went on a different path than wanting to become a WWE Superstar."
|2007||The Smart Woman Survival Guide||Cute Intern||Episode: "Go Big or Go Home"|
|2010||Gotta Grudge?||Herself||8 episodes|
|2011–2012||Gillette Drafted||Herself||Judge, mentor|
|2013||Total Divas||Herself||2 episodes|
|2013||WWE: The Top 25 Rivalries in Wrestling History||Herself||Host|
|2014||WWE Countdown||Herself||Episode: "Coolest Catchphrases"|
|2013–present||The JBL and Cole Show||Herself|
|2013-present||After Total Divas||Herself|
Awards and accomplishments
- "Actress Renee Paquette puts laughs ahead of looks". February 5, 2009. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- "Renee Young". Twitter. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- Byer, Matthew (August 30, 2012). "Some thoughts on The Score/Rogers deal and how it affects WWE shows". Canadian Online Explorer: Slam Wrestling. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- IMDb Biography
- Linder, Zack (January 9, 2014). "Exclusive interview: Backstage with WWE's broadcasting beauty Renee Young". WWE Official Website. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- Murphy, Jan (February 10, 2012). "Aftermath's Paquette blazing a trail that started in grade school". Canadian Online Explorer: Slam Wrestling. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- Dave Meltzer (October 13, 2013). "SAT. UPDATE: First Punk vs. Ryback match, Rutten Box Office, 69-year-old legend still packs a whallop, previews of tonight's Bonnar & Fitch matches, WWE signs new announcer, new WWE DVD". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "WWE Names 10 Stars Who Were Ahead Of Their Time, Renee Young On Her SmackDown Debut". Wrestling Inc. March 29, 2013. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- "Renee Young Makes Raw Debut on WWE Active". Diva Dirt. February 5, 2013. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- Johnson, Mike (November 18, 2013). "Complete WWE Survivor Series PPV coverage". PWInsider. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- James, Justin (January 25, 2013). "James's WWE NXT results 1/23: Tag Tournament begins, HBK appearance, Big E. in main event". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- Layfield, John (August 10, 2013). "JBL and Cole show with a host of WWE stars and why the show exists". Layfield Report. Retrieved 5 November 2013.
- Nissim, Mayer (10 December 2013). "Daniel Bryan wins Superstar of the Year at the 2013 Slammy Awards". Digital Spy. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- Middleton first=Marc (September 13, 2013). "Antonio Cesaro's Swing Featured On The Soup, Renee Young Does Commentary, Next NXT Tapings". Wrestling Inc. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- Wortman, James; Pellegatto, Brian (3 July 2014). "Renee Young joins the 'WWE Superstars' commentary booth". WWE Official Website. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Renee Young Joins WWE Superstars Commentary Team". Diva-Dirt. July 3, 2014. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Deleo, Franco. "RENEE PAQUETTE - TORO WOMEN". toromagazine. Retrieved September 6, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Renee Young.|