- In this Indian name, the name Maheshwary is a matronymic, not a family name, and the person should be referred to by the given name, Renjith.
30 January 1986 |
Channanikadu, Kottayam, Kerala, India
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||17.07 m (New Delhi 2010)|
Renjith Maheshwary (born 30 January 1986 in Kottayam, Kerala) is an Indian triple jumper. He finished fourth at the 2006 Asian Games and won the 2007 Asian Championships. He also competed at the 2007 World Championships, and the 2013 World Championships but did not reach the final. He represented India at the 2008 Beijing Olympics as well as in 2012 London Olympics. In 2012 London Games Renjith Maheshwary's dismal show, as in the last year's World Championships in Daegu, committing three consecutive foul jumps at the qualifying stage, stopped his Olympic campaign. Renjith, had performed badly at the Beijing Olympics too, where he came up with a best of 15.77m. Later, he tested positive for a stimulant but was let off with a three-month suspension. 
Renjith Maheswary has won the gold medal in Asian Grand Prix 2012.
On September 19, Sports Ministry of India announced that he would not be given Arjuna Award over the allegations of Doping pending against him. Earlier his name figured among the list of Arjuna Awardees for 2013.
- "Foul end to Renjith Maheshwary's Olympic campaign". Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- "Relay quartet stands out on night of riches". Deccan Herald. 2010-10-12. Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- "Renjith Maheswary". Retrieved 2012-05-15.
- "Couple rewrite meet records". The New Indian Express. 2009-10-24. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- "Athlete Renjith Maheshwary stripped of Arjuna Award". Retrieved 19 September 2013.
|This biographical article relating to Indian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|