|Born||Renn McDonnell Hawkey
March 29, 1974
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Musician, film producer, carpenter|
|Relatives||Taissa Farmiga (sister-in-law)|
Renn McDonnell Hawkey (born March 29, 1974), also known by the stage name Dr. Nner, is an American musician, film producer, and carpenter. He was the synthesizer player for the band Deadsy from 1996 to 2008. Hawkey retired from music and is currently a carpenter and film producer. He has been married to Academy Award-nominated actress Vera Farmiga since 2008.
Renn McDonnell Hawkey was born in New York City, New York on March 29, 1974, to parents William and Penny Hawkey. He has six siblings. He was raised in Westchester County, New York. Hawkey attended Hyde School, a preparatory school in Maine, where he met future bandmate Elijah Blue Allman.
Hawkey was the third member to join Deadsy after frontman Elijah Allman sent him a Juno-106 synth and a demo tape made by Allman and drummer Alec Puro. About joining, Hawkey said: "I never planned on it until Elijah sent me a Juno-106 in 1996 and asked me to join a band with two songs."
He has worked with Thirty Seconds to Mars on the band's self-titled debut album. On September 11, 2008, Hawkey left Deadsy in order to concentrate on carpentry and family life. He said of his departure: "It was too rough-and-tumble a lifestyle." He then subsequently reverted to using his birth name.
Hawkey married actress Vera Farmiga in a private ceremony on September 13, 2008, after four years of dating. Their first child, a boy named Fynn McDonnell Hawkey, was born on January 15, 2009. It was announced in April 2010 that Hawkey and Farmiga were expecting their second child, due in October. On November 4, 2010, Farmiga gave birth to a daughter, Gytta Lubov Hawkey. The family lived on a farm in Upstate New York, but now reside in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, where Farmiga films Bates Motel. His sister-in-law is actress Taissa Farmiga.
|2003||The Singing Detective||Dark's Bass Player||Cameo|
|2011||Higher Ground||N/A||Producer, music director|
- "Renn Hawkey Profile". Famous Fix.
- "Renn Hawkey and Vera Farmiga Marriage Profile". About.com.
- "The Feministing Five: Vera Farmiga". Feministing. August 20, 2011.
- "Vera Farmiga: So Uniquely Vera". NUVO. August 26, 2011. "Her fondest memories are of summers spent in upstate New York in a 10-person tent, sitting around a campfire with her family (both she and Hawkey have six siblings)"
- "Renn Hawkey - IMDb". IMDb.
- "Renn Hawkey - Zimbio". Zimbio.com.
- 30 Seconds to Mars (Booklet). Thirty Seconds to Mars. Europe: Immortal Records. 2002. 7243 8 12424 0 7.
- "Vera Farmiga: rare breed". Telegraph. August 30, 2008. "Hawkey used to play keyboards for a goth band named Deadsy, but has recently given that up - 'it was too rough-and-tumble a lifestyle, I think' - to become a carpenter."
- "Vera Farmiga Welcomes Daughter". People. November 11, 2010. Retrieved November 11, 2010.
- "Celebrities Raising Families Outside Hollywood". Parents.com. January 31, 2013.
- Sandberg, Bryn Elise (May 23, 2014). "Drama Actress Roundtable: Watch the Full, Uncensored Conversation With Claire Danes, Julianna Margulies (Video)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 26, 2014.