Report of Van Fleet Mission to Far East
|English Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
The Report of Van Fleet Mission to the Far East is a secret report drafted by James Van Fleet, a US special mission ambassador, after a round of visits to South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and the Philippines, and sent to US President Dwight Eisenhower in 1954. The report was declassified in 1986.
The report discusses a number of internal problems in Korea, as well as problems between Korea the neighboring countries/areas of Japan, Formosa, and the Philippines. It also contains budgetary reports on Korea.
Table of Contents
- (1-8) Van Fleet Mission
- (9) Korea
- (10) Formosa
- (11) Japan
- (12) Philippines
- (13) Inventory of Commitments & Problems-Korea
- (14) Inventory of Commitments & Problems-Formosa
- (15) Inventory of Commitments & Problems-Japan
- (16) Inventory of Commitments & Problems-Philippines
- (18) Interim Reports-Appendix
- "COLLECTION: JAMES A. VAN FLEET PAPERS". George C. Marshall Library and Archives.