Republic of Peščenica
Events were aired on anti-TV-show Nightmare Stage or Noćna mora, Saturdays from 22:00-04:00 on Z1, and transmitted via satellite (a pause during the summer). Events were described in short version in Malnar's column in the Globus magazine from Zagreb.
For a short period of time, shortened (and censored) versions of previous shows were aired on Croatian national TV in May 2007 (as "Privremeni tjednik"; only five episodes).
It was located in Peščenica working-class neighbourhood in Zagreb. The neighbourhood is on the northern part of the city (northwards from Sava river), southeastwards from very city center.
The project ended with the end of the TV-Show in 2010 after the "minister of defense", Zvonimir Levačić, died.
Anthem is Danijela. Željko Malnar & Soma Dollara: Dobro jutro, Peščenico (Anthem 2?).
- Željko Malnar (1944 - 2013) (3 October 1992 - 9 July 2013)
- Sead Hasanović - Braco (1953 - ) (9 July 2013 - )
- Area: 1.30 km2
- Population: 6,400
- Željko Malnar, the President
- Zvonimir Levačić - Ševa, Minister of Defense
- Braco Cigan, "Cro-Rom", fighter for the rights of Romani people in Peščenica. "Cro-Rom" is a parody of the name of worldwide known Croatian MMA superstar Mirko Filipović
- Cezar Legenda, singing legend
- Jajan, newspaperman and TV-news speaker (pronounce: "yayan"). He has a speech problem when pronouncing "r", instead, he says "y", so "Jajan" is the way he pronounces his nickname, Jaran (pron: "yaran"; meaning friend or buddy in Bosnian slang), but may also designate a person with large testicles (Croatian "jaja" = eggs, balls).
- Laki, dancer
- Anđa, singer
- Dora Noćna mora, song contest (parody on Croatian Eurovision qualification contest Dora; name is rhyming, made of Dora and Noćna mora, title of the TV-show)
- Voluntary surrender and extradition of Malnar's generals and ministers to the Hague and ICTY ("You go there, so I don't have to go."), a parody on the same events from reality.
- R. Peščenica's (military) returning of Savudrijska vala and giving it back to Croatia ("Because our friendly neighbor Croatia doesn't have balls to do it herself."). Parody on Croatian-Slovenian border dispute about Savudrijska vala (Bay of Savudrija).
- Involving Peščenican personalities into Croatian political life (elections). Includes Jajan's political plan: forming of Flašistička stranka (parody to Fascist (Croatian: Fašist) -> Flašist, originating from German: Flasche, bottle: "bottleist", "drinkers' party") and leading of Croatia into Vrapče (a parody on paroles "leading of Croatia into EU"; Vrapče is a neighborhood in northwest Zagreb known for its psychiatric hospital)
- Željko Malnar: Filozofija Republike Peščenice, Birotisak, Zagreb, 2004., ISBN 953-6156-31-8
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2009)|
- (Croatian) Noćna mora
- (Croatian) Index.hr Junaci Malnarove ulice na HTV-u - Showbiz - XMag
- (Croatian) Index.hr Dora Noćna mora: Ševina pobjeda u sjeni skandala sa Jaranom - Zanimljivosti - XMag
- (Croatian) Online TV-edition
- (Croatian) Index.hr Kurcolovcem i generalom Prkačinom na njemačke pljačkaše i goste u studiju (Braco, Jajan and Malnar are in the top picture)
- (Croatian) Index.hr Jajan osniva Flašističku stranku i vodi Hrvatsku u Vrapče
- (Croatian) Javno Snalažljivi predsjednik: Malnar nažicao Mercedese od ruskog tajkuna
- (Croatian) Vjesnik Opet zakazala organizacija Mesićeva stožera (Mesić, Malnar and gas supply)
- (Croatian) Vjesnik Malnar grdi Hrvatsku i Hrvate, jer želi da im bude bolje i ljepše, želi ih popraviti, nema mržnje