Republic of West Papua
|Republic of West Papua
Republik Papua Barat
"Loyal, Honest, Affectionate"
Hai Tanahku Papua
Oh My Land Papua
Territory claimed by the Free Papua Movement.
|-||End of Dutch rule||December 1, 1961|
|-||Under Indonesian rule||May 1, 1963|
|-||Reproclaimed||July 1, 1973|
The Republic of West Papua is a proposed and former unrecognized state consisting of the West Papua region. It is supported only by Vanuatu and is claimed and occupied by Indonesia. It includes the provinces of Papua and West Papua. It was unilaterally declared in July 1971. Several militant and social movement organizations are fighting in the Papua conflict for West Papuan independence, including the Free Papua Movement, the West Papua Liberation Organization (WPLO)  (its head is John Anari), and the West Papua National Liberation Army (WPLNA). The WPNLA supports both the WPLO and the Free Papua Movement. The ideology of the Free Papua movement is connected with decline of modern life and refusing cultural or economical development.
- Free West Papua Campaign
- West Papua Media Alerts site
- Free West Papua Documents and Information Centre
- United Nations - West New Guinea UNSF
- An article about the history of West Papuan separatism by John Anari (United Nations website)
- Bertrand, Jaques (1997). "Business as Usual" in Suharto's Indonesia. Asian Survey 37(6):441-452.
- Brad Simpson. Indonesia's 1969 Takeover of West Papua Not by "Free Choice". The National Security Archive, George Washington University.
- "FreeWestPapua.org". Retrieved 2012-03-18.
- "WPLO site". Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "A page on another WPLO site.". Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- "Ecological Direct Action website.". Retrieved 2011-11-05.