From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up republican in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Republican can refer to:
- An advocate of a republic, a form of government that is not a monarchy or dictatorship, and is generally associated with the rule of law
- Republicanism, the ideology in support of republics or against monarchy; the opposite of monarchism
- Classical republicanism, republicanism as formulated in the Renaissance
- A member of a Republican Party:
- Institutions or supporters of particular governments that called themselves republics, including:
- List of republics, a complete listing Roman Republic, as well as supporters of the Republic during the Roman Empire
- Second Spanish Republic, during the Spanish Civil War, as well as its supporters
- Various French Republics, most notably the First Republic established during the French Revolution and the Second Republic, the first post-Revolution republic in France.
- Irish republicanism, a faction in the Irish independence movement supportive of a complete break with the United Kingdom
- Republican City, Nebraska, a village in Nebraska, United States
- Republican River, a river in Colorado, Nebraska, and Kansas in the United States
- The Republican, a British newspaper established as Sherwin's Political Register by Richard Carlile in 1817 and renamed in 1819
- The Republican (Springfield, Massachusetts), a newspaper published in Springfield, Massachusetts
- The Woodville Republican, a weekly newspaper published in Woodville, Mississippi
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.