Republican Governors Association
|Republican Governors Association|
|Chairman||Bill Haslam (Tennessee)|
|Vice Chairman||Susana Martinez (New Mexico)|
|Executive Committee||Scott Walker, Mike Pence, Mary Fallin, Rick Scott, Nikki Haley, Chris Christie and Bobby Jindal|
1747 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 250Washington, DC 20006
|Politics of United States
In 2015 the RGA chairman is Governor Bill Haslam of Tennessee, who assumed the office in November 2014, succeeding Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey.  The 2015 RGA Vice Chairman is Governor Susana Martinez of New Mexico who followed Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana as vice chair. Governor Christie and Governor Jindall continue to serve on the Executive Committee along with Governors Scott Walker of Wisconsin, Mike Pence of Indiana, Mary Fallin of Oklahoma, Rick Scott of Florida and Nikki Haley of South Carolina.
- To assist in the election of Republican gubernatorial candidates and the reelection of incumbent Republican Governors.
- To utilize the talent, knowledge, creativity of the governors to effectively debate and shape public policy on issues affecting the states; and
- To enable Republican Governors to express, develop and promote the philosophy of the Republican Party at the state and local levels nationwide.
List of current Republican governors
In addition to governors of U.S. states, the RGA also offers membership to Republican governors of U.S. territories.
|Governor||Territory||Prev||Took office||Seat Up|
|Eloy Inos||Northern Mariana Islands||List||2013||2018|
In the 18 months ending June 30, 2010, the RGA raised $58 million, while its counterpart DGA raised $40 million. "Unlike the national political parties and federal candidates, the governors’ associations can take in unlimited amounts from corporations," according to Bloomberg Businessweek, which notes that the RGA recently received $1 million from Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, the parent corporation of Fox News, and $500,000 from WellPoint, a major US health insurance firm.
- "About the RGA".
- RGA Announces 2015 Leadership
- RGA Announces New Leadership
- Jonathan D. Salant (August 16, 2010). "Republicans See Gains in Governors’ Races as Funding Hits Peak". Business Week. Retrieved August 17, 2010.