||This disambiguation page should be converted into a broad-concept article, describing the primary meaning of the term. Additional meanings linked to this term should be moved to a separate page with "(disambiguation)" in the title.||
Republican Guard is the organization of a republic which serves to protect the president and the government. Usually it is synonymous with Presidential Guard. The term is derived from the original French Gendarmerie unit.
Republican Guard may refer to:
- Albanian Republican Guard
- Algerian Republican Guard
- Egyptian Republican Guard
- French Republican Guard called the Garde républicaine (GR)
- Guinean Republican Guard
- Iraqi Republican Guard
- Iraqi Special Republican Guard, a military force formed from the Iraqi Republican Guard and charged with Saddam Hussein's protection
- Italian National Republican Guard called the Guardia Nazionale Repubblicana
- Republican Guard (Kazakhstan), a separate branch of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Lebanese Republican Guard, a military force of the Directorate-General of the Presidency of Lebanon
- Peruvian Republican Guard
- Portuguese Republican National Guard called the Guarda Nacional Republicana
- Republican Guard (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- South Ossetian Republican Guard
- Syrian Republican Guard
- Yemeni Republican Guard
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.