||This disambiguation page should be converted into a broad-concept article, describing the primary meaning of the term. Additional meanings linked to this term should be moved to a separate page with "(disambiguation)" in the title.||
A republican guard is the state organization of a republic which typically serves to protect the president and the government, and thus is usually it is synonymous with Presidential Guard. The term is derived from the original French Gendarmerie unit. Several other countries also have adopted the term and have active guard units.
Republican guard units
- Albanian Republican Guard
- Algerian Republican Guard
- Egyptian Republican Guard
- French Republican Guard — First Republican Guard, serves as an honor guard an defends Paris. Part of the French Gendarmerie.
- Guinean Republican Guard
- Iraqi Republican Guard
- Italian National Republican Guard
- Kazakh Republican Guard — A separate branch of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Lebanese Republican Guard — A military force of the Directorate-General of the Presidency of Lebanon.
- Peruvian Republican Guard
- Portuguese Republican National Guard
- Congolese Republican Guard — Protects President Joseph Kabila of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- South Ossetian Republican Guard
- Sudanese Republican Guard
- Syrian Republican Guard
- Yemeni Republican Guard
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.