Research associate

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the usage of the term in reference to Russian research, see Researcher (job title).

Research Associate are scholars with an MD or PhD may also be hired as research associates. Research Associate is an employee of the University and may be eligible to receive University benefits. Note that the Research Associate position does not explicitly require mentoring and is a regular staff position with appointment letters processed by Human Resources. In contrast to a research assistant, a research associate often has a graduate degree, such as a master's (e.g. Master of Science) or doctoral degree (e.g. Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Medicine, or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). In some cases it can be synonymous with postdoctoral research.

Postdoctoral Fellow: Individuals in this category receive training while engaged in research projects funded by grants he/she has personally applied for and obtained from either governmental or nongovernmental sources. A postdoctoral fellow is not an employee of the University, and while able to participate in a special healthcare benefit plan, he/she is not eligible for other University benefits.


See also[edit]