||This page title has a primary topic which needs its own article. When a broad-concept article is written about the primary meaning of the term, it may be moved to this page title. Unrelated topics on this page may be moved to Residence (disambiguation), while related topics may be used in the new article.||
|Look up residence or residences in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A residence is an establishment where it was originally or currently being used by a host as their main place of dwelling or home. Architecturally, a residence is typically a house, mansion, cottage or even grand castles and palaces. A residence is offered to travelers as temporary lodgings where they can rent a room. The rooms are generally furnished in the style which complements the architecture type of the building. This boutique type of accommodation has a nice homely feel where the traveler is the 'house-guest'. Hotels, especially the extended stay chains, commonly function as residences for many guests.
Residence may more specifically refer to:
- Home, a place of residence or refuge
- Dwelling or accommodation
- House, a home, building, or structure that functions as a habitat for humans or other creatures
- Lodging, a type of residential accommodation. People who travel and stay away from home for more than a day need lodging for sleep, rest, safety, shelter from cold temperatures or rain, storage of luggage and access to common household functions
- Habitual residence, a civil law term dealing with the status of refugees, and child abduction
- Residence in English family law, pertaining to where children should live in the case of disputes
- Tax residence, to determine the location of someone's home for tax purposes
- The Canadian term for what Americans call a dormitory
- Residenz, the German term for residence which normally meant the city palace of a noble family
- All pages beginning with "Residence"
- All pages with titles containing "Residence"
- Residency (disambiguation)
- Resident (disambiguation)
- Shelter (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Residence.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.