|Type||Public company (LSE: RSL)|
|Headquarters||Saint Peter Port, Guernsey|
|Key people||John Tiner (CEO, Resolution Operations), Mike Biggs (Chairman of the board)|
|Services||Corporate buyouts and restructuring|
|Revenue||£11,130 million (2012)|
|Operating income||£(192) million (2012)|
|Profit||£(41) million (2012)|
Resolution Limited is a Guernsey-incorporated investment vehicle which has the stated intent of forcing consolidation in the British life insurance industry. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
The firm was founded by entrepreneur Clive Cowdery in 2008 after agreeing a deal to retain the naming rights to Resolution plc, the zombie fund investor he founded which was sold to Pearl Group that year.
The company was established with the intention of completing the leveraged buyout and merger of at least three UK life insurance operators by 2012 and spinning out the enlarged company on the stock market. The first of these, Friends Provident, was acquired in November 2009 for £1.86 billion. Upon completion of the deal Resolution, which obtained a listing on the London Stock Exchange in December 2008, took Friends' place in the FTSE 100 Index.
Resolution Limited, based in Guernsey, serves as a holding company for the firm. Senior management are however employed by the London-headquartered limited liability partnership Resolution Operations, through which the company is effectively run.
- Preliminary Results 2012
- Ferreira-Marques, Clara (1 May 2008). "Resolution's Cowdery eyes restructuring venture". Reuters. Retrieved 8 November 2009.
- Neligan, Myles; Howley, Victoria (6 November 2009). "Resolution may go private for next deal". Reuters. Retrieved 8 November 2009.
- "Annual Report 2008". Resolution Limited. Retrieved 8 November 2009.
- Fletcher, Nick (4 November 2009). "Cadbury melts on Kraft bid fears but FTSE flies higher". The Guardian (UK). Retrieved 8 November 2009.
- Phillips, Liz; Morris, Sylvia (30 June 2010). "Three million Axa savers sold to zombie fund guru". Daily Mail (London).
- Change of Control FSA, 3 September 2010
- Resolution buys Bupa Health Assurance The telegraph, 15 October 2010
- Flanagan, Martin (21 July 2009). "Friends in attack on 'flawed' Resolution buyout bid". The Scotsman (UK). Retrieved 8 November 2009.