Resolven shown within Neath Port Talbot
|OS grid reference|
|Principal area||Neath Port Talbot|
|Ceremonial county||West Glamorgan|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Mid and West Wales|
The village is situated in the Vale of Neath, next to the A465 Heads of Valleys Road, and is the main settlement in the community of Resolven. Together with the community of Clyne and Melincourt, the village makes up the Resolven electoral ward.
History and amenities
In the immediate surrounding areas there are a number of industrial sites, which have become somewhat run down during the 1980s and 1990s. The popular Rheola indoor market is located near the village on the site of an old industrial factory, but has since moved from Rheola and now resides in the old TRW Steering Systems building.
The larger surrounding area has much attractive countryside and a substantial wind farm above the village at Ffynon Oer.
Resolven has played host to one of the best known stages of the Wales Rally GB for many years.
The Neath and Tennant Canal has been restored and now has over four miles of walkable towpath between Resolven and Glynneath. The Vale of Neath Railway is still used for freight transport between Neath and Cwmgwrach.
- Resolven is the home of local MP Peter Hain and his second wife Elizabeth Haywood.
- The village is also the home of Bethan Jenkins, Plaid Cymru AM for South West Wales..
- Debbie Llewellyn, originally from Resolven, is the Mayor of Gloucester for 2014-15.
- "Community population 2011". Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Peter Hain". BBC Wales. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
- "Meet the new Mayor of Gloucester Debbie Llewellyn". Gloucester Citizen. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- Cymdeithas Hanes Resolfen History Society
- Monumental Inscriptions for Resolven
- Resolven Rugby Club Official Site
- www.geograph.co.uk : photos of Resolven and surrounding area
|This Neath Port Talbot location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|