Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger
|Resorting to Danger|
|Series||Nancy Drew Dossier|
Resorting to Danger is the 2nd installment in the Nancy Drew hidden object game series by Her Interactive. The game is available for play on Microsoft Windows platforms. It has an ESRB rating of E10+ for moments of mild violence and peril. Players take on the first-person view of fictional amateur sleuth Nancy Drew and must solve the mystery through interrogation of suspects, solving puzzles, and discovering clues.  
Nancy Drew goes undercover as a general assistant at the Redondo, a secluded resort where the rich and famous go to be beautified and indulged in total privacy. Someone there has been planting bombs. So far they've done relatively little harm, and the manager of the resort has fooled people into thinking they're just "construction accidents". Nancy must find out what's really going on before the spa loses all of its clients.
- Nancy Drew - Nancy is an eighteen-year old amateur detective from the fictional town of River Heights in the United States. She is the only playable character in the game, which means the player must solve the mystery from her perspective.
- Cassidy Jones: Cassidy Jones is the receptionist at the Redondo. He strongly dislikes the job, and it's starting to show in his work. But why would a highly intelligent graduate from Brown University take a job as a receptionist unless he has other motives?
- Nick Bleski: There’s nothing Nick Bleski won’t do for money. Which is perfect, considering that his job as the general manager of the Redondo demands that he make as much money as possible. Is he planting these innocuous bombs so he can claim insurance and bolster his bottom line?
- Mrs. Montague: As one of the Redondo’s wealthiest clients, Mrs. Montague always gets what she wants. When the spa denies one of her demands, would she go so far as to set off bombs to get her revenge?
- Helfdan Helgason: Helfdan Helgason is a genius, who creates exclusive cosmetic salves, creams, and liquids for the Redondo. If this scientist is creating revolutionary products that virtually erase all signs of aging, then why is he still stuck at the spa?
- Jasmine Ivy: Jasmine Ivy is a well respected actress who plays the Hollywood 'game' and stops by the Redondo to 'rejuvenate' her looks. Naturally, she wouldn’t want anyone to know about her treatments, but would she set off bombs in the spa to keep them from talking?
- Joanna Brown: The Redondo keeps the janitor, Joanna Brown, who lives in the furnace room with her pets rats, shuttered away safely during the day from their clients. Is Joanna resentful of the spa’s treatment and setting off bombs that won’t damage her home but will destroy the spa’s reputation?
- Helfdan Helgason / Cassidy Jones / Switchboard Caller - Mark Waldstein
- Nick Bleski / Switchboard Caller - Matt Shimkus
- Mrs. Montague / Garden Gossiper / Switchboard Caller - Samara Lerman
- Joanna Brown / Garden Gossiper / Switchboard Caller - Amy Broomhall
- Jasmine Ivy / Garden Gossiper / Switchboard Caller - Adrienne MacIain
- Switchboard Caller - Brandon Vaughan 
- The cover of the TinselTown Tattler in the opening of the game mentions three characters from the Nancy Drew adventure game series: Brady Armstrong (Nancy Drew: The Final Scene), Lori Girard (Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon), and Minette (Nancy Drew: Danger By Design).
- Eda Brooks, a character from the first dossier game Lights, Camera, Curses, is Jasmine Ivy's sister.
- There is a book titled Mid-Break at Waverly on the shelf in the furnace room. This is referring to the Nancy Drew adventure game Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy.
Ship of Shadows
At the end of the game, there is a teaser trailer for Ship of Shadows. It features Nancy on a renovated cruise ship where mysterious things happen. The game has since been shelved.
- "Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger! | Girl Games Online". Herinteractive.com.
- "Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger! IMDb".
Lights, Camera, Curses
|Nancy Drew Dossier Computer Games||Succeeded by
Ship of Shadows