Resurrection Health Care
Resurrection Health Care was a not-for-profit Catholic health care organization which operated hospitals and other health care facilities in the Chicago metropolitan area. Sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth and the Sisters of the Resurrection, the organization was incorporated in 1981. In 2011, Resurrection Health Care merged with Provena Health to form Presence Health.
Prior to the merger, Resurrection Health Care's six hospitals were Holy Family Medical Center (Des Plaines, Illinois), Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center (Chicago), Resurrection Medical Center (Chicago), Saint Francis Hospital (Evanston, Illinois), Saint Joseph Hospital (Chicago), and Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center (Chicago). Resurrection formerly operated West Suburban Medical Center (Oak Park, Illinois) and Westlake Hospital (Melrose Park, Illinois), but in November 2009, the organization announced that they would transfer ownership of the facilities to Vanguard Health Systems. In July 2011, Resurrection Healthcare announced they would merge with Provena Health, and the merger came to fruition in November 2011. The Legacy Resurrection and Provena Health systems have now combined to form Presence Health, the largest Catholic health care system in the state of Illinois. The system includes 12 hospitals, 27 senior care facilities, six urgent care/immediate care centers, Presence Medical Group, the Presence Express Care retail clinic and over 150 sites of care throughout Illinois.
Presence Health hospitals include:
- Presence Covenant Medical Center (Urbana),
- Presence Holy Family Medical Center (Des Plaines),
- Presence Mercy Medical Center (Aurora),
- Presence Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center (Chicago),
- Presence Resurrection Medical Center (Chicago),
- Presence Saint Francis Hospital (Evanston),
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital (Chicago),
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital (Elgin),
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center (Joliet),
- Presence Saint Mary's Hospital (Kankakee),
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center (Chicago),
- Presence United Samaritans Medical Center (Danville).