From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up retard, retarded, or retardation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Retardation is the act or result of delaying; the extent to which anything is retarded or delayed; that which retards or delays. In particular, it can mean:
- Negative acceleration in mechanics (i.e. rate of decrease of velocity)
- Retardation factor in chromatography
- Retarded potential in electrodynamics
In physical anthropology
- A process used in proofing (baking technique)
- A suspension (music) that resolves upward instead of downward.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.