From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up retention in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Retention may refer to:
- Retention (memory), in learning, the ability to retain facts and figures in memory
- Cultural retention
- Customer retention
- University student retention
- Employee retention, the ability to keep employees within an organization
- Grade retention, in schools, keeping a student in the same grade for another year (that is, not promoting the student to the next higher grade with his/her classmates)
- Retention basin,
- Retention election, in the United States court system, a process whereby a judge is periodically subject to a vote in order to remain in the position of judge
- Retention rate
- Retention ratio, in company earnings
- Retention of vision, in magic
- Water retention (medicine), abnormal accumulation of fluid in the body
- Urinary retention, the lack or inability to urinate
- Variable retention, in land management and forestry conservation
Information and records
- Retention (news server), in Usenet, the time a news server holds a newsgroup posting before deleting it as no longer relevant
- Data retention, in law and computing
- Retention period, of a document, in records management
- Retented, the act of applying retention policies to something or someone
- Retention of title clause, in law
- Retention agent, a process chemical
- CO₂ retention
- Retention of configuration, in chemical reactions
- ER retention, proteins retained in the endoplasmic reticulum after folding
- All pages beginning with "Retention"
- All pages with titles containing "Retention"
- Water retention (disambiguation)
- Retainer (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.