Retired at 35
|Retired at 35|
Season 1 intertitle
|Created by||Chris Case|
Ryan Michelle Bathe
Marissa Jaret Winokur
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||20 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Chris Case
|Producer(s)||Franco E. Bario|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Fore Left Productions
TV Land Original Productions
|Original channel||TV Land|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original run||January 19, 2011– August 29, 2012|
Retired at 35 is an American sitcom on TV Land starring George Segal, Jessica Walter, Johnathan McClain, Josh McDermitt, Marissa Jaret Winokur and Ryan Michelle Bathe. It is the network's second original scripted series after Hot in Cleveland. The series premiered on January 19, 2011. On March 21, 2011, the series was renewed for a second season. The second season premiered on Tuesday June 26, 2012, at 10:00 pm ET/PT, and concluded on Wednesday, August 29, 2012.
On December 13, 2012, TV Land announced that they were not renewing Retired at 35 for another season and it was cancelled, making it the first TV Land original sitcom to be cancelled from the network.
The series follows a successful New Yorker named David (Johnathan McClain), who decides to leave the rat race and his job in the big city and visit his father (George Segal) and mother (Jessica Walter) who live in a retirement community in Florida. Hoping to reconnect with them and re-evaluate his life, he makes a snap decision to quit his job and take some time to live the dream of retirement that so many are working toward. But he soon finds, to his surprise, that his parents are in the final stages of separating.
- George Segal as Alan Robbins
- Johnathan McClain as David Robbins
- Jessica Walter as Elaine Robbins
- Josh McDermitt as Brandon
- Ryan Michelle Bathe as Jessica Sanders (season 1)
- Marissa Jaret Winokur as Amy Robbins (season 2)
- George Wyner as Richard
- Peter Bonerz as Chuckie Lutz
- Christine Ebersole as Susan (season 1)
- John Ross Bowie as Jared (season 2)
- Danneel Ackles as Jenn (season 2)
Estelle Harris, Mimi Kennedy, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Shelley Long, John O'Hurley, Christina Pickles, Jay Thomas, Ashley Williams and Fred Willard all guest starred within the show's first season. Robin Givens and Melissa Peterman made guest appearances in Season 2.
TV Land placed a pilot order on October 26, 2009. The series was created by Chris Case, who also serves as executive producer. Michael Hanel and Mindy Schultheis are executive producers as well. The series is filmed in multi-camera format in front of a live studio audience. 
Casting announcements began in November 2009, with George Segal as the first actor cast, with Segal playing the role of Alan Robbins, David's father, who bonds with his son while showing him the glories of his newfound lifestyle. Johnathan McClain, Josh McDermitt and Ryan Michelle Bathe were the next actors cast, with McClain playing David Robbins, a successful young businessman who decides to leave New York behind and move into his father's Florida retirement home, McDermitt playing Brandon, David's best friend, and Bathe playing Jessica Sanders, David's love interest. The last series regular cast was Jessica Walter as Elaine Robbins, David's mom and Alan's ex-wife.
Retired at 35 was ordered to series by TV Land on April 16, 2010. The series, which is TV Land's second original scripted comedy series, premiered on January 19, 2011, following Hot in Cleveland. Marissa Jaret Winokur has joined the cast in the second season as Amy Robbins, David’s sister, a sharp-tongued, quick-witted successful saleswoman for a pharmaceutical company with a bubbly personality, a role that was originally played by Casey Wilson in the pilot.
|Season||Timeslot (ET/PT)||# Ep.||Premiered||Ended||TV Season||Viewers
- In Canada, it airs on VisionTV.
- In Italy, it airs on Fox Italy; on MNet in South Africa; and on TV4 in Sweden and Finland. 
- In Latin America, it airs con Comedy Central Latin America Sundays at 11.30PM CT
- TV Land Greenlights Two New Sitcoms, Renews "Retired at 35," Expands Order for "Hot in Cleveland"
- Posted by Pavan -- SitcomsOnline.com (2012-04-23). "TV Land Brings Back I Love Lucy in June 2012; Good Morning America's TV Reunion Blowout: One Day at a Time, Laverne & Shirley, and More - SitcomsOnline.com News Blog". Blog.sitcomsonline.com. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- Andreeva, Nellie (1992-12-11). "'Retired At 35' Cancelled On TV Land After Two Seasons". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- Bibel, Sara. "'Retired at 35' Cancelled by TV Land". tvbythenumbers. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- MacKenzie, Carina Adly. "Danneel Ackles and Johnathan McClain talk 'Retired at 35': Will Jenn con David out of his parents' cash?" July 16, 2012 - zap2it.com
- "New Sitcom 'Retired at 35' Racks up Guest Stars". tvland.com. Nov 16, 2010. Retrieved January 15, 2011.
- "Breaking News - TV Land Gives Pilot Orders to Two Sitcoms: 'Hot in Cleveland' and 'Retired at 35'". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "TV Land Orders 'Retired at 35'". deadline.com. April 16, 2010. Retrieved April 16, 2010.
- "Breaking News - TV Land Inks Deal with Television, Stage and Film Star George Segal to Star in Sitcom Pilot "Retired at 35"". TheFutonCritic.com. 2009-11-16. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "Breaking News - Development Update: Friday, December 11". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "Breaking News - Development Update: Monday, January 4". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "TV Land Orders 'Retired at 35'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "Second TV Land Sitcom 'Retired at 35' Greenlit". tvland.com. April 20, 2010. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Marissa Jaret Winokur To Co-Star On TV Land's 'Retired At 35'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- Gorman, Bill (January 20, 2011). "Wednesday Cable Ratings: 'Hot In Cleveland,' 'Storage Wars' Lead Night + 'Mythbusters', 'Top Chef,' 'Toddlers & Tiaras' and More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (March 24, 2011). "Wednesday Cable Ratings: 'Real World,' 'Top Chef' Lead, Plus 'Justified,' 'Hot in Cleveland' and More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- "TV Land Greenlights Two New Sitcoms, Renews “Retired at 35,” Expands Order for “Hot in Cleveland” - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2011-03-21. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- Daily Preliminary Broadcast Cable Finals Broadcast Finals (2012-05-24). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: ‘Storage Wars’ Wins Night, ‘Tosh.0′, ‘Pretty Little Liars’, ‘Teen Mom’, ‘Rizzoli & Isles’, ‘Franklin & Bash’, & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- "Wednesday Cable Ratings: ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo’ Wins Night, + FOX RNC Coverage, ‘Storage Wars Texas’, ‘Royal Pains’, ‘American Hoggers’, ‘Daily Show’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- 01:24 PM (2011-07-29). "VisionTV picks up TVLand comedy Retired at 35 - Viewers.ca Discussion Forums". Viewers.ca. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "DRG | News". Drg.tv. 2010-08-04. Retrieved 2012-06-28.