From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up retrograde in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Retrograde may refer to:
- Retrograde motion, in astronomy, describes the orbit of a celestial body that runs counter to the direction of the spin of that body which it orbits.
- Apparent retrograde motion, in astronomy, is the apparent motion of planets as observed from a particular vantage point
- Retrograde metamorphism, in geology, describes a somewhat rare recrystallization of rocks under decreasing pressure and/or temperature conditions.
- Retrograde ejaculation, in medicine
- Retrograde amnesia, in neuroscience / medicine, is a type of amnesia
- Retrograde signaling, in neuroscience
- Retrograde inversion, a type of musical permutation
- Retrograde analysis, in chess problems
- Retrograde (music), in music
- Retrograde (song), a single by James Blake featured on his album Overgrown
- Retro/Grade, in entertainment, a 2012 music video game for the PlayStation 3 & Microsoft Windows by 24 Caret Games
- Retrograde (film), a 2004 film
- Retrogradation, a landward change in position of the front of a river delta with time.
- Retrogradation (starch), the gelatinization of starch when the amylose and amylopectin chains realign themselves
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Retrograde.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.