Revenge (Canadian band)
|Origin||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
Nuclear War Now!
Axis of Advance
Order from Chaos
|Members||Pete Helmkamp (live vocals, bass)
James Read (session vocals, drums)
|Past members||Ryan Förster (additional guitars)
Vermin (session guitars, live vocals)
Revenge is a Canadian black metal band formed in 2000 by James Read following the collapse of his previous outfit Conqueror. Revenge's chaotic black metal sound represents a direct continuation of Read's previous band's direction. They have to date released four full-length albums.
Following the demise of Canadian blackened death metal band Conqueror, James Read formed Revenge in 2000 in Edmonton, Alberta, with the help of fellow scene veterans Ryan Förster (of Conqueror, Blasphemy and Domini Inferi) and Vermin (of Sacramentary Abolishment and Axis of Advance). Utilising the session musicians Attacker and Dehumanizer, the band recorded the Attack.Blood.Revenge 10" EP. The EP, which featured a cover of Bathory's "War", was released through Dark Horizon Records in 2001. The same year, Read joined French band Arkhon Infaustus for European touring, whilst also contributing session drums for fellow Canadians Axis of Advance.
In June 2002, Revenge (now solely Read) was joined by Pete Helmkamp, of Order from Chaos and Angelcorpse notoriety, on bass and backing vocals. The band signed to the French label Osmose, who released Revenge's first full-length album, Triumph.Genocide.Antichrist, in 2003. Revenge also contributed the track "Deathless Will" to a split 7" single with Arkhon Infaustus, also released through Osmose. Two further albums emerged through Osmose, in 2004 and 2008 respectively, in much the same vein as previous Revenge and Conqueror releases. In 2011 Helmkamp left the band and was replaced with session member Haasiophis.
- James Read (drums, vocals)
- Vermin (session guitars, live vocals)
- Haasiophis (live session bass)
- Pete Helmkamp (bass, live vocals)
- Ryan Förster (additional guitars)
- Attacker (session bass for Attack.Blood.Revenge)
- Dehumanizer (session guitar for Attack.Blood.Revenge)
- Attack.Blood.Revenge (Dark Horizon, 2001)
- Superion.Command.Destroy (War Hammer, 2002)
- Split 7" with Arkhon Infaustus (Osmose, 2003)
- Split 7" with Black Witchery (Nuclear War Now!, 2012)
- Triumph.Genocide.Antichrist (Osmose, 2003)
- Victory.Intolerance.Mastery (Osmose, 2004)
- Infiltration.Downfall.Death (Osmose, 2008)
- Scum.Collapse.Eradication (Nuclear War Now!/Osmose, 2011)