Revenge of the Green Dragons
|Revenge of the Green Dragons|
United States theatrical release poster
|Music by||Mark Kilian|
|Edited by||Michelle Tesoro|
|Box office||$59,484 (United Arab Emirates)|
Revenge of the Green Dragons is a 2014 Chinese-American action crime drama film directed by Andrew Lau and Andrew Loo, written by Michael Di Jiacomo and Andrew Loo, with Martin Scorsese worked as an executive producer. The film stars Ray Liotta, Justin Chon, Shuya Chang, Harry Shum, Jr., Kevin Wu, and Billy Magnussen.
Chinese immigrant Sonny (Chon) joined the Chinatown gang "The Green Dragons" when he was a kid, and worked his way up through the gang hierarchy. But as he quickly rose up the ranks and became the notorious in the community, only to find his life falling apart around him.
- Ray Liotta as Michael Bloom
- Justin Chon as Sonny
- Alex Fox as young Sonny
- Shuya Chang as Tina
- Harry Shum, Jr. as Paul Wong
- Kevin Wu as Steven
- Michael Gregory Fung as young Steven
- Billy Magnussen as Detective Boyer
- Eugenia Yuan as Snakehead Mama
- Jin Auyeung as Detective Tang
- Joanna P. Adler as Prosecutor Gwen Shore
- Alysia Reiner as TV news reporter
- Linda Wang as Mrs. Wan
- Jim Ford as Anthony Gallivan
The film had its world premiere on September 10, 2014 at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival, and then went on to be screened at a number of other international film festivals. The film also received a day-and-date theatrical and VOD release in the United States on October 24, 2014. In December 2014, co-director Andrew Lau said that the film was able to make profit.
The film has received largely negative reviews from critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a rating of 10%, based on 21 reviews, with an average rating of 3.7/10.  On Metacritic, the film has a score of 36 out of 100, based on 12 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
However, co-director Andrew Loo had traveled all over the United States with this film, and said: "I've found that this is actually a real-audience film.....In terms of audience reception, I don't think we've ever had a 'bad' screening. It's interesting that the critics hate the film because it's not an easy film to watch. It's a genre film dressed up as an art house film because you have Marty's [Scorsese's] name on it."
- 伍月. "古惑仔之青龍過江". U Magazine.
- "Revenge of the Green Dragons (2014) - International Box Office Results". Box Office Mojo. Internet Movie Database. Retrieved January 12, 2015.
- "Revenge of the Green Dragons Filming Begins". isatv.com. June 18, 2013. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "‘Revenge of the Green Dragons’ filming in NYC’s Chinatown on July 2". onlocationvacations.com. July 2, 2013. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- "Mark Kilian to Score ‘Revenge of the Green Dragons’". filmmusicreporter.com. November 2, 2013. Retrieved October 31, 2014.
- "‘Revenge of the Green Dragons’ Soundtrack Details". filmmusicreporter.com. September 23, 2014. Retrieved October 31, 2014.
- 伍月. "古惑仔之青龍過江". U Magazine.
- "Revenge of the Green Dragons". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- "Revenge of the Green Dragons Reviews". Metacritic.com. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- Official website
- Revenge of the Green Dragons at the Internet Movie Database
- Revenge of the Green Dragons at Box Office Mojo
- Revenge of the Green Dragons at Rotten Tomatoes
- Revenge of the Green Dragons at Metacritic
|This article about a 2010s crime drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|