From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Reversible)
|Look up reversibility in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Reversibility can refer to:
- Reversible dynamics, a mathematical dynamical system, or physical laws of motion, for which time-reversed dynamics are well defined
- Reversible computing, logical reversibility of a computation - a computational step for which a well-defined inverse exists
- Reversible process (thermodynamics), a process or cycle such that the net change at each stage in the combined entropy of the system and its surroundings is zero
- Reversible reaction in chemistry, for which the position of the chemical equilibrium is very sensitive to the imposed physical conditions; so the reaction can be made to run either forwards or in reverse by changing those conditions
- A reversible process in engineering, a process or operation of a system or device such that a net reverse in operation will accomplish the converse of the original function
- Reversible error, a legal mistake invalidating a trial
- Reversible garment, a garment that can be worn two ways
- Part of the concrete operational stage in Jean Piaget's theory of cognitive development, the mental process of understanding that numbers and objects can change and then return to their original state
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.