|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Josh Deth (owner)
Jim Cibak (head brewer)
Wil Turner (head pub brewer)
Jason Petrie (executive chef)
|24,000 (in 2013)|
Revolution Brewing is a brewery in Chicago, Illinois. It was founded as a brewpub in 2010, on Milwaukee Avenue in the Logan Square neighborhood. A separate production brewery, with canning and bottling lines and a tap room, opened in 2012 about a mile from the brewpub, on Kedzie Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood.
Revolution Brewing was started as a brewpub in 2010 by owner Josh Deth. Deth attended the University of Michigan and became interested in brewing from his frequent visits to Bell's Brewery. Deth worked at Goose Island Brewery and connected with head brewmaster Jim Cibak at his time there. Cibak has worked at a number of breweries including Three Floyds Brewing.
The film Drinking Buddies is partly set in the Revolution Brewing brewery and taphouse. A romantic comedy-drama, written and directed by Joe Swanberg, it was shot in 2012 and released in 2013. It stars Olivia Wilde, Jake Johnson, Anna Kendrick, and Ron Livingston. In the movie, the fictional characters portrayed by Wilde and Johnson work at the brewery.
Revolution Brewing produces more than 20 different beers. Some of them are available year-round, and others are seasonal. There are also several dozen more beers that were brewed at different times in the past.
|Anti-Hero IPA||India pale ale||6.5||70||Year-round|
|Eugene Porter||Robust porter||6.8||28||Year-round|
|Bottom Up Wit||Belgian-style white ale||5.0||14||Year-round|
|Coup D'Etat||French-style saison||7.6||50||Year-round|
|Double Fist||Double pale ale||8.0||90||Year-round|
|Cross of Gold||Golden ale||5.0||25||Year-round|
|A Little Crazy||Belgo-style pale ale||6.8|
|Rosa Hibiscus Ale||Hibiscus ale||5.8||15|
|Fistmas Ale||Holiday ale||6.1||31|
|Mad Cow||Milk stout||7.7||30|
|Mother of Exiles||German-style pilsner||5.2||30|
|T.V. Party||Rye India pale ale||7.6||80|
|Red Skull||Imperial red ale||8.3|
|Galaxy Hero||India pale ale||6.6|
|Crystal Hero||India pale ale||7.2||80|
|Local Hero||India pale ale||6.5||65|
|Jukebox Hero||Black India pale ale||7.5|
|4th Year Beer||Belgian-style quadrupel||11.5||32|
|Repo Man||Rye stout||6.0|
|Very Mad Cow||Milk stout||9.7||30||Barrel aged|
|Straight Jacket||Barley wine||13.0||55||Barrel aged|
|Mean Gene||Porter||8.5||Barrel aged|
|Bean Gene||Porter with coffee||9||28||Barrel aged|
|Deth's Tar||Russian imperial stout||11.4||Barrel aged|
- Chicagoist Beer of The Week: A Little Crazy
- Time Out Chicago 2013 Eat Out Awards - Best Chicago Microbrewery
- Chicagoland Brewpub & Microbrewery Shootout - 1st Place - Best Food/Beer Pairing
- Chicago Tribune Dining Awards -Beverage Maker of the Year
- Great American Beer Festival - Gold Medal - English-Style Summer Ale: Cross of Gold; Bronze Medal - American-Belgo-Style Ale: A Little Crazy
- Best of Chicago - Readers' Poll - Best Brewpub; Best Pub Grub
- World Beer Cup - Gold - American Style Stout: Rise; Gold - English Style Summer Ale: Cross of Gold
- Chicago Beer Society’s 35th Annual Fall Tasting - 1st Place (tie) — Rise Hoppy, American Stout
- RateBeer list of best brewpubs of 2012
- Chicago Magazine: 36 Best Local Craft Beers - Top 36 — Bottom Up Wit, Top 36 — Eugene Porter
- The Reader: Best of Chicago - Readers Poll: Best Brewpub
- Ratebeer.com Top New Brewers in the World - Top Five
- Chicagoland Brewpub & Microbrewery Shootout - Best Beer/Food Pairing
- Festival of Barrel Aged Beers - Silver: Classic Porter/Stout — Black Power Oatmeal Stout, Bronze: *Classic Porter/Stout — The General Molasses Porter
- The Reader: Best of Chicago - Readers Poll: Best Brewpub
- Eat Out Awards - Best New Gastropub
- Chicago Magazine: Best of Chicago - Best Beer of 2010 — Eugene Porter
- Montoro, Philip (February 10, 2014). "Revolution Celebrates Another Auspicious Birthday with 4th Year Beer", Chicago Reader. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- Arnett, Lisa (January 15, 2010). "The Revolution is Near", Chicago Tribune. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- Kohl, Randy. "Revolution Brewing Co.", Chicago Bar Project. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- "Revolution Brewing", Metromix. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- Noel, Josh (March 30, 2011). "Revolution Will Bottle and Can Its Beers", Chicago Tribune. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- Yue, Lorene (May 15, 2013). "Craft Beer's Conundrum", Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- Gill, Andrew (June 4, 2013). "Craft Brewers Win Small Victory in Springfield, but the Real Winners Are Distributors", WBEZ. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- Nason, Adam (March 12, 2013). "Revolution Brewing to Triple Production to 24k Barrels, Signs with New Distributors", BeerPulse.com. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- Frost, Peter (February 10, 2015). "Look Out, Lagunitas: Revolution Brewing to Triple Capacity", Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- Frost, Peter (March 14, 2015). "Brewer Learns It Isn't Easy Getting Big", Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Wehunt, Jennifer (November 30, 2009). "Ale Lives: The Making of a Beer—Revolution Brewing's Cross of Gold", Chicago magazine. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- "2012 Winners", Great American Beer Festival. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- "Winners", World Beer Cup. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- Shouse, Heather (April 17, 2013). "Eat Out Awards 2013: Best Chicago Microbrewery", Time Out Chicago. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- Sullivan, Emmet (August 31, 2013). "Spot These 8 Chicago Details in Drinking Buddies", Chicago magazine. Retrieved February 20, 2013.
- Metz, Nina (August 22, 2013). "Improv + Beer = Drinking Buddies", Chicago Tribune. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- "View Beers", Revolution Brewing. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "Revolution Brewing Company", RateBeer. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Baldacci, Jason (April 12, 2013). "Chicagoist's Beer Of The Week: Revolution Brewing's A Little Crazy", Chicagoist. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- "13th Annual Chicagoland Brewpub & Microbrewery Shootout Results", Chicago Beer Society. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Noel, Josh. "Josh Deth—Beverage Maker of the Year", 2013 Chicago Tribune Dining Awards. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "Best Brewpub", Chicago Reader. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "Best Pub Grub", Chicago Reader. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "35th Annual Fall Tasting Recap", Chicago Beer Society. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "Best Brewpubs 2012", RateBeer. Retrieved February 18, 2014.