The trio was active from 1971-1977 and has been described as "one of the most crucial outfits to form in the decade", and reunited in 2004. At the time of their formation, Jenkins had been a member of the Chicago-based Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians (AACM), while Sirone had performed with Pharoah Sanders, Marion Brown, Gato Barbieri and other new jazz artists, while Cooper had most recently been with Rahsaan Roland Kirk.
- 1972: Vietnam 1 & 2 (ESP-Disk)
- 1972: Manhattan Cycles (India Navigation)
- 1975: The People's Republic (A&M Records)
- 1975: The Psyche (Mutable Music)
- 1977: The Revolutionary Ensemble Recorded Live At Moosham Castle (Inner City Records)
- 2004: And Now... (Pi Recordings)
- 2008: Beyond The Boundary Of Time (Mutable Music)
- Allen, Clifford (2009-11-07). "Revolutionary Ensemble: Vietnam and Beyond the Boundary of Time". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2010-09-11.
- Henkin, Andrew (2005-01-25). "And Now... Sirone". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2010-09-11.