Revolverheld at the Radio Hamburg "Top 819".
|Genres||Alternative rock, pop rock|
Revolverheld is a German rock band from Hamburg, Germany, formed in 2002. Originally named "Manga" and was founded in winter 2002 in Hamburg. In 2004 they renamed the band to "Tsunamikiller" and then afterwards decided upon the name "Revolverheld" after the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake.
Revolverheld began their career as a supporting act for Donots, Silbermond and Udo Lindenberg. They first started gathering public attention with their song "Rock n' Roll", which then led to a Coaching Program in the Pop-Academy Baden-Württemberg. Then in 2004 they were signed by the record label Sony BMG. Their first single called "Generation Rock" was released in June 2005 and directly entered the German Charts. The song is featured on the video game Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. Together with the producer Clemens Matznick their first album (Revolverheld) was produced, and came out in September 2005.
"Helden 2008" was recorded as a dedication to UEFA Euro 2008. The single features a music video of the band members dressed as team members, with cut scenes of them performing in the locker room showers. By the success of the song, "Helden 2008" was the 34th best-selling song of 2008 in Germany.
On 30 November 2012, Revolverheld announced on their website that Florian Speer had left the band and has been replaced by Chris Rodriguez.
- 2005: Revolverheld (Gunfighter)
- 2007: Chaostheorie (Chaos Theory)
- 2010: In Farbe (In Color)
- 2013: Immer in Bewegung (Always In Motion)
- 2005: Generation Rock
- 2005: Die Welt steht still (The World Stands Still)
- 2006: Freunde bleiben (Staying Friends)
- 2006: Mit dir chill'n (Chillin' with You) ( English translation )
- 2007: Ich werd' die Welt verändern (I Will Change the World)
- 2007: Du explodierst (You Explode)
- 2007: Unzertrennlich (Inseparable)
- 2008: Helden 2008 (Heroes 2008)
- 2010: Spinner (Crackpots)
- 2010: Keine Liebeslieder (No More Love Songs)
- 2010: Halt dich an mir fest (feat. Marta Jandová) (Hold On To Me)
- 2013: Das kann uns keiner nehmen (No one can take this away from us)