Number of employees
Rewards Network is a merchant cash advance and marketing services company that provides restaurants with immediate capital and access to diners who belong to various dining rewards programs. Over 11,000 restaurants are members of Rewards Network.
Rewards Network Tools for Restaurants
Comment Management System
The Rewards Network Comment Management System (CMS) allows restaurants to connect with their diners outside of the restaurant.
Data and Insights
Because Rewards Network is able to connect restaurants to actual customers, they have the ability to break down average check size, party size, ratings by key metrics, and geographic reach.
Rewards Network markets program restaurants to diners via various rewards programs across the United States.
- Advertising opportunities provide additional exposure through spotlights, banners, and landing pages.
- Diner Reviews sends surveys to diners.
- Emails include embedded search engines and links that lead diners to the restaurant.
- Mobile App allows diners to search for restaurants in or near any city. 
- Social Engage collects and publishes customers' video reviews.
- Web Marketing provides a virtual meeting place that connects diners to restaurants through dining program websites.
Merchant Cash Advance
Rewards Network provides restaurant owners with a cash infusion through two Merchant Cash Advance programs designed specifically for the restaurant industry, Preferred Restaurant Funding and Dining Credits. Each program includes the Marketing Services programs listed above and provides restaurant owners and operators with an alternative to a traditional business loan.
The Dining Programs
- AAdvantage Dining (American Airlines)
- Free Spirit Dining (Spirit Airlines)
- Mileage Plan Dining (Alaska Airlines)
- MileagePlus Dining (United Airlines)
- Rapid Rewards Dining (Southwest Airlines)
- SkyMiles Dining (Delta Air Lines)
- eScrip Dining (eScrip)
- Club O Dining (Overstock.com)
- Fuel Rewards Dining (Fuel Rewards Network)
- iDine (American Express)
- Orbitz Rewards Dining (Orbitz)
- Upromise Dining (Upromise)
Mel Chasen founded Rewards Network in September 1984, as Transmedia Network, Inc., in New York City. The company started with 41 restaurants and 225 members. Mike Nichter, who created the MCI Green Card - the initial restaurant platform - invested money restaurant credits, barter experience, and sales management shortly after Mel and David Roth raised the initial fundiing. By 2000, Transmedia was the world's largest dining rewards program, with over 2 million members and 8,000 restaurants. In 2002, Transmedia changed its name to iDine Rewards Network. In 2003, the name was shortened to Rewards Network. The company was taken private in December, 2010.
- "Comment Management System". Rewards Network.
- "Data Insights". Rewards Network.
- "Marketing Services". Rewards Network.
- video "Video Reviews". Daily Motion.
- "AAdvantage Dining". Rewards Network.
- "Milesplus Dining". Rewards Network.
- "Rewards Network". Skymiles.
- "Rewards Network". Hoovers.