|UNC Health Care|
|Location||Raleigh, North Carolina, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in North Carolina|
|Other links||UNC Health Care|
Rex Hospital is a general hospital located in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is the capital city's oldest hospital, founded by a bequeath from John T. Rex (1771-1839), a tanner and respected member of the local society. Originally located on what is now Dorothea Dix campus, and later on St. Mary's Street, Rex is now located in west Raleigh at the corner of Blue Ridge Road and Lake Boone Trail. Rex Health Care's services include oncology, heart and vascular, surgical services (including bariatric, heartburn, GI, orthopedic, neuro, and spinal), rehabilitation, emergency department, urgent care, women's services, and wound healing.
In addition to the main hospital in Raleigh, Rex Health Care has locations throughout Wake County. These include a outpatient rehabilitation and fitness center in Garner, outpatient facilities in Cary and Wake Forest (Wakefield facility), and outpatient diagnostics in Cary, Wakefield, and Knightdale. Apex also has a rehabilitation and nursing care center that is run by Rex. In December 2011, Rex will also be opening a new facility in Holly Springs that will offer multiple services.
Awards and Recognitions
In 2011, Rex received recognition as one of the top 50 hospitals in America according to Becker's Hospital Review. Rex was the first hospital in the Triangle, and one of only 10 in North Carolina to receive Magnet Recognition, which places Rex nurses among the top two percent in the country. In 2010, they were named a Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. It has been named one of the top 100 hospitals in the country by Thomson (2008) and named one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare (2008).
- 2008 Patient Statistics:
- Inpatient Admissions: 34,156 (includes births)
- Births: 6,490
- Surgeries: 35,620
- Emergency Department Visits: 58,253
- "About Us". Rex Health Care. 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "About Us". UNC Health Care System. 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Carolina Hurricanes". Rexhealth.com. 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "NC State Wolfpack". Rexhealth.com. 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "Rex Healthcare of Garner". Rex Health Care. 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Rex Healthcare of Cary". Rex Health Care. 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Rex Healthcare of Wakefield". Rex Health Care. 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Rex Healthcare of Knightdale". Rex Health Care. 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Rex Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center of Apex". Rex Health Care. 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Rex Healthcare of Holly Springs (Coming Soon)". Rex Health Care. 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "America's 50 Best Hospitals". Becker's Hospital Review. 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Locate an ASMBS BSCOE Center". Surgical Review Corporation. 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2011.