|Born||1985 (age 29–30)
Massachusetts, United States
|Arrested||September 28, 2011|
Ferdaus was born and raised in Ashland, Massachusetts. He had two previous arrests, one for a high school prank during which he and other students poured cement on in front of the school doors, and the other for marijuana possession. He is a graduate of Northeastern University in Boston, MA. Ferdaus played the drums for a local band and was known as "Bollywood" by fellow band members and fans.
Ferdaus was arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation on September 28, 2011, for allegedly plotting to attack The Pentagon and the United States Capitol Building with remote-controlled model aircraft packed with C-4 explosives. He was also charged with supporting Al-Qaeda by plotting attacks on American soldiers abroad and making detonators for improvised explosive devices.
Guilty plea and sentencing
On July 20, 2012, Ferdaus pleaded guilty to the following charges in Federal District Court in Boston, Massachusetts:
- Conspiracy to destroy national defense premises
- Conspiracy to damage and destroy buildings owned by the U.S. government
- Conspiracy to provide material support and resources to Al-Qaeda.
- "Rezwan Ferdaus had pot, other arrests". WFXT. September 30, 2011.
- "Feds Say Public Was Never in Danger in Massachusetts Man's Thwarted Terror Plot". Fox News. 29 September 2011.
- "Who is Rezwan Ferdaus?". MyFoxBoston. 28 September 2011. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Rezwan Ferdaus held over Pentagon and Capitol bomb plot". BBC. September 29, 2011.
- "The jihadist drummer: Muslim musician held over plot to attack Pentagon with remote-controlled toy plane packed with explosives". Daily Mail (London). September 29, 2011.
- Valencia, Milton J. (September 28, 2011). "Federal agents charge Ashland man with targeting Pentagon, Capitol with aerial explosives". The Boston Globe.
- Lavoie, Denise (July 20, 2012). "Rezwan Ferdaus Admits Guilt In Plot To Blow Up Pentagon And U.S. Capitol". The Huffington Post. Associated Press.
- "Massachusetts Man Charged With Airborne Pentagon-Attack Plot". Businessweek. 28 September 2011. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- Peralta, Eyder (2011-09-28). "FBI: Mass. Man Arrested For Plot Against Pentagon, Capitol". NPR.
- "Massachusetts man gets 17 years for plot to bomb Pentagon, Capitol with model planes". NBC. November 2, 2012.
|This biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|