|Spouse(s)||Sanjay Dutt (1998 - 2002)
Leander Paes (2005 - present)
Her father is Raymond Pillai, a financial controller at IBM Europe. Her mother, Dhurreshwar Dhanrajgir, is a doctor, and the daughter of Maharaj Narsingir Dhanrajgir Gyan Bahadur of Hyderabad and actress Zubeida, who acted in the first Indian talkie Alam Ara (1931).
In 1998, Rhea Pillai married actor Sanjay Dutt, but they separated after a few years. She stated in 2006 that they remained close friends. After the divorce became official in 2008, and details of the settlement were published by the tabloid MiD DAY, the broadsheet newspaper The Telegraph criticised Pillai for her materialism and her conduct in relation to Dutt.
Pillai and Indian tennis player Leander Paes; have a daughter, Aiyana  from their live in relation. She has filed a case against Paes and his father alleging domestic violence in june 2014 at a local metropolitan court.
In 2003, she was honored as the "Woman of the Year", along with Raveena Tandon, Anoushka Shankar and Ritu Beri, on International Women's Day. The event was promoted by Indiatimes, Asmi Diamonds and the Indian Television Academy. Pillai's award was for social services.
In 2006 she had a minor screen role in the Hindi movie Corporate.
- Interview with Rhea Pillai, Soul Curry magazine, March 6, 2009. Retrieved 2011-01-10
- Sanjay Dutt, India eNews, July 31, 2007. Retrieved 2011-01-10
- Rhea Pillai interview, One India, November 29, 2006. Retrieved 2011-01-10
- Bharathi S. Pradhan, The Rhea Pillai affair, March 23, 2008. Retrieved 2011-01-10
- The ITA Awards » GR8! Women Achiever Awards 2003. Indian Television Academy. Retrieved 2011-01-10
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|