|Birth name||Rhema Marvanne Voraritskul|
15 September 2002 |
Dallas, Texas, USA
|Labels||Rhema Productions Inc.|
Rhema Marvanne was born September 15, 2002. Her father is Teton Voraritskul and her mother is Wendi Marvanne. She was born at Trinity Hospital in Dallas, Texas. She was carried to term but was still very small. Rhema weighted 4.11 lbs and had to stay in the NICU for three weeks before she was taken home. Rhema was baptized in 2009 and her family attends The Branch Church in Plano, Texas. Her paternal grandfather, Chai Voraritskul, was an immigrant from Thailand.
Rhema began singing the same time she began talking. In 2009, Rhema gained Internet fame at the age of six after recording her first song, "Amazing Grace". She appeared on the Maury Povich Show Most Talented Kids 2010, and Korean show Star King. She takes inspiration from her mother, Wendi Marvanne, who passed away due to ovarian cancer on November 8, 2008, at the age of 36.
Rhema appeared on the Maury Povich show highlighting the most talented kids and appeared on International News via Supreme Master TV – Global Satellite which is shown in 44 countries in 60 languages. She recorded both her Albums in Nashville. Her songs are sold on iTunes, Amazon.com as well as through her website's Official Store. She recently recorded The Prayer with Terry White and musicians from the Nashville Symphony and recently released her Christmas Album, All Seasons. She has also appeared on ABC's 20/20, Fox News, CBS, CBN, TBN as well as on Daystar.
During her free time Rhema enjoys playing with her friends, playing outside, playing with dolls and watching movies.
Her albums to date have been produced by her father.
- Rhema Marvanne, released Friday, October 15, 2010
- All Seasons
- Richardson, Sgt. Kyle (2010-11-11). "Young soul, big voice: 7-year-old captivates Fort Hood at ceremony". Fort Hood Sentinel.
- Yang, Fenggang, Chinese Christians in America: conversion, assimilation, and adhesive identities, Penn State Press, 1999, ISBN 0-271-01917-4, p. 40
- 7-Year-Old Singer Rhema Marvanne's God Talent, myfoxtwincities.com, July 29, 2010.
- V., Teton. Obituary: Wendi Mercy Voraritskul jchouseofmercy.org.
- Schwab, Deniece (2010-06-22). "Singing in mom’s memory: Young girl to entertain at local benefit for cancer center". Sidney Herald.
- Amazing Voice: 7-Year-Old Gospel Singer Belts Whitney And Celine Songs, new.nz.music.yahoo.com, July 30, 2010.