Rhode Island's Future
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2007)|
The blog was started in March 2005 by political activist Matthew Jerzyk, a long-time community and union organizer with SEIU and Jobs with Justice. Contributing to this was the first Green Party elected official in Rhode Island's history (who later became a Democrat), State Representative David Segal.
Rhode Island's Future played a key role in the 2006 Senate race between Sheldon Whitehouse and Lincoln Chafee by exposing a scandal involving a Chafee staffer sending controversial emails from a government computer just one week before the election. Jerzyk, the blog's editor, also played a central role in a prominent controversy at Roger Williams University School of Law involving the Chairman of the University's Board of Trustees use of the "N-word" and the subsequent removal of his name from the law school.
- The new armies of the ’net - News - The Phoenix
- Political blogs a rising force in the Ocean State - Metro
- Representative David A. Segal
- Yorke, Jerzyk, and Morse Analyze RI Politics
- Chafee aide suspended for sending e-mails from Senate computer - Boston.com
- IP address exposed anonymous mudslinger
- For a Litigator on a Streak, There's a Science to Winning - WSJ.com
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|