|Occupation||Small business expert, author, syndicated columnist, speaker|
|Education||UCLA, Harvard University|
Rhonda Abrams is an American small business expert, syndicated columnist, best-selling author and speaker.
Abrams was born in Los Angeles and earned degrees from both UCLA and Harvard. She has advised, mentored and consulted entrepreneurs and small business owners since 1986. Her knowledge of the small business market and her passion for entrepreneurship have made her one of America's most recognized advocates for small business. Abrams' weekly newspaper column, “Small Business Strategies,” is the nation’s most widely read column about small business, reaching more than 20 million readers through 130 newspapers, USATODAY.com, Inc.com, and Costco Connection magazine.
Abrams' first book, The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies, was acclaimed by Forbes magazine as one of the two best books for small business and by Inc. magazine as one of the six best books for start-ups. Now in its sixth edition, it is used as the primary text for business plan classes by hundreds of business schools.
- The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies, 6th ed. ISBN 978-0-9669635-6-4
- Successful Marketing: Secrets & Strategies ISBN 978-1-933895-05-5
- Passion to Profits ISBN 978-0-9740801-9-2
- The Owner's Manual for Small Business ISBN 978-0-9740801-5-4
- Business Plan In A Day, 2nd ed.: Get it done right, get it done fast! ISBN 978-1-933895-07-9
- Six-Week Start-Up ISBN 978-0-9669635-9-5
- What Business Should I Start? 7 steps to discovering the ideal business for you ISBN 978-0-9669635-8-8
- Successful Business Research, Straight to the Numbers You Need—Fast! ISBN 978-0-9740801-3-0
- Winning Presentation In A Day: Get it done right, get it done fast! ISBN 978-0-9740801-6-1
- Finding an Angel Investor In A Day ISBN 978-0-9740801-8-5
- Trade Show In A Day ISBN 978-0-9740801-7-8
- Wear Clean Underwear: Business Wisdom from Mom ISBN 0-440-50907-6
Abrams, one of the foremost speakers in the U.S. on the subject of small business, regularly addresses conferences, corporations, industry groups, business associations and others. She has provided keynotes, workshops, corporate training seminars and has served as panel moderator and conference emcee for some of the nation’s most prestigious business events and largest corporations.
Speaking Events & Clients Include:
- California First Lady Maria Shriver's Women's Conference
- Intuit National Media Tour
- American Express
- Iowa Statewide Entre-fest
- Federal Reserve Bank
- The Salon Association
- Greenville YWCA
- UCLA Women’s Business Conference
- Association of Small Business Development Centers
- National Better Business Bureau
- New Zealand Software Association
- Caribbean Cellular
- Universities, Trade associations, Economic Development Associations, Corporations