The Rock (stadium)
|Location||Rock Road, Rhosymedre, Wrexham, LL14|
|Main contractors||J Ross Developments|
|Capacity||3,000 (500 seats)|
|Cefn Druids A.F.C.|
In March 2009, their existing stadium was given planning permission to be demolished and replaced with a Tesco supermarket. Delays to the beginning of construction put the project back by 12 months and the club moved into the new stadium in August 2010.
The new complex at Rhosymedre will include:
- 3,000 capacity stadium
- 500 seat covered stand
- covered terracing
- larger club house
- state of the art dressing rooms
- male, female and disabled toilets
- medical and drug-testing room
- media room
- sponsors' suite
- catering facility
- club shop and office
- on-site car park for 100 cars & coach parking
- television gantry
It is sited near a disused quarry.
- "Projects". pickstockhomes.com. Retrieved 16 March 2009.
- "'Oldest club' Tesco deal approved". bbc.co.uk. 13 March 2009. Retrieved 16 March 2009.
- "Druids are ready to rock in Rhosymedre". Welsh Premier League. 29 August 2010. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- "Plans". CefnDruidsAFC.co.uk. Retrieved 16 March 2009.[dead link]
|This article about a Welsh sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|