Rhys Webb (musician)
|Rhys 'Spider' Webb|
|Birth name||Rhys Timothy Somerset Webb|
|Also known as||Spider Webb|
|Born||18 February 1983|
|Origin||Southend on Sea, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Post-punk revival, Garage rock revival, Alternative rock, Blues, Electronic|
|Years active||2005 – present|
|Associated acts||The Horrors, The Diddlers, Spider and the Flies|
Rhys Webb (formerly known as Spider Webb) is a British musician, known primarily for being a member of the band The Horrors. Webb was born on February 18, 1983 to Timothy and Rhiannon Webb. He has a sister Angharad Webb known as Harry and a brother Huw Webb, previously the bassist for the band S.C.U.M now a member of the bands Astral Pattern and Blueprint Blue.
Webb is best known for his role as bass guitarist, and formerly organist, for The Horrors, an Alternative Rock band formed in Southend-on-Sea. Webb became interested in music from an early age, beginning his interest in record collecting when he realised that his music taste was very different from his peers'. He began playing in bands from as young as fourteen, before joining The Horrors in 2005. Webb worked in a Bagel Delicatessan on Leigh Broadway, Leigh On Sea, Essex after this period
Along with The Horrors keyboardist Tom Cowan, Webb has a side project, Spider and The Flies, who play electronic music. Their EP, Something Clockwork This Way Comes was released in 2009. Webb is also the vocalist in Bo Diddley cover band, the Diddlers. He is also an established DJ.
- YouTube video. Youtube.com (2011-09-18). Retrieved on 2011-12-25.
- Interview with Spider Webb of The Horrors. Alyssathralls.com. June 2007. Retrieved on 2011-12-25.[dead link]
- Dragnet #1: New Music From Atlas Sound, Marco Bernardi, Spider And The Flies. Thequietus.com. March 30, 2009. Retrieved on 2011-12-25.
- The Diddlers live review. Psychkicks.com (2011-05-15). Retrieved on 2011-12-25.
- official forum[dead link]. Bhorrors.runboard.com (1997-07-26). Retrieved on 2011-12-25.