||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (November 2011)|
Ribbon Hero running on Microsoft Word 2010
|Developer(s)||Microsoft Office Labs|
|Release date(s)||January 19, 2010|
|Genre(s)||Puzzle video game|
Ribbon Hero is a video game developed by Microsoft Office Labs. The game is available as a free download and serves to educate users of Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 how to use the ribbon interface. It is followed by the sequel, Ribbon Hero 2.
Ribbon Hero appears on the Ribbon in the supported Microsoft Office programs. Once opened, it lists challenges in four sections: working with text, page design and layout, getting artistic, and quick points. Each challenge is designed to teach the user a feature of Microsoft Office, and opens an example document which the user must edit using that feature. Challenges can be played in any order, and give half the available points. The remaining points are earned by using the same feature later on (outside the game). The quick points section does not list challenges, only features which can be used outside the game to gain points.
Ribbon Hero integrates with Facebook, allowing users to compare scores with their friends, and to post achievements on their Facebook Wall. It is the first Office Labs project to include Facebook integration.
- Jennifer Michelstein (19 January 2010). "Play Ribbon Hero and hone your Microsoft Office skills". Office Labs. Archived from the original on 23 January 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2011.
- Larry Short (21 January 2010). "Microsoft Ribbon Hero game from Office Labs and other Great Add-ins". Microsoft. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- "Ribbon Hero for Office 2007 & 2010". The Windows Club - thewindowsclub.com. 31 January 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2011.
- Joe Welinske (9 November 2010). "Ribbon Hero — User Assistance Masquerading as a Game". Writer's UA. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- "Make Learning Office 2007 & 2010 Fun with Ribbon Hero". How-To Geek. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- Dawson, Christopher (19 January 2011). "Microsoft Ribbon Hero: A brilliant training tool from Office Labs". ZDNet. Retrieved 1 December 2011.
|This educational computer and video game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|