Ricardo Larrivée CM (born 1967), also known as Ricardo, is a trained hotel management graduate, television host, and a food writer. He currently hosts Ricardo on Radio-Canada and Ricardo and Friends which airs on Food Network Canada.
In the 1980s, Ricardo enrolled in the Institut de tourisme et d'hotellerie du Quebec (ITHQ), Quebec's top hospitality institute. This is where his passion for all things culinary began. The restaurant life did not satisfy his culinary inventiveness and personality, so he turned to communications, which he studied in Ottawa.
Larrivée then moved to Regina, Saskatchewan when a Radio-Canada job in radio opened up. While creating dishes both simple and elaborate in his spare time, he gained a reputation as a good cook and landed his first food show on Radio-Canada. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation was experiencing lay-offs, however, and Larrivée was one of the laid off employees.
It was from there that he moved back to Montreal and continued to share his enthusiasm and his recipes while working as a food reporter for television, radio, and newspapers. A long-time favourite on Radio-Canada, he left his unique mark on such television shows as Menu a la carte, Pêché mignon, Secrets de famille, Indicatif présent, Christiane Charrette, and Beau temps pour s'étendre, in addition to appearing on Saisons de Clodine on the TVA television network. He also writes a column in the lifestyle section the daily newspaper La Presse.
During the past twelve years, Larrivée has become a household name in Quebec. In 2002, Larrivée created a new TV show, with an accompanying magazine. The show and magazine are simply titled Ricardo. Once again Larrivée found success with the third season of Ricardo. It enjoyed the highest ratings of all TV morning shows on Radio-Canada. while his magazine is published five times a year in a print run of over 80,000 copies for each issue.
Ma cuisine week-end, in the autumn of 2004, which went into a second printing for a total of 65,000 copies.
|2006-2009||Ricardo and Friends||Host|
|2008||Twas the Night Before Dinner Christmas Special||Himself||Christmas special with Bob Blumer, Anthony Sedlak, Laura Calder, and Anna Olson|
|2009||The Great Food Revolution||Himself||Episode: "The Great Food Revolution"|
- Ricardo - Parce qu'on a tous de la visite (La Presse, October 2008, ISBN 2-923194-96-9, ISBN 9782923194967)
- La chimie des desserts: 60 recettes de Ricardo PER Christina Blais (La Presse, 2007, ISBN 2-923194-36-5, ISBN 978-2-923194-36-3)
- Ma cuisine weekend (La Presse August 5, 2004 ISBN 2-923194-05-5, ISBN 978-2-923194-05-9)
- Weekend Cooking co-wrote with Christian LaCroix (Whitecap Books April 5, 2006 ISBN 1-55285-787-5, ISBN 978-1-55285-787-8)
- "Ricardo Set To Cross The Two Foodie Solitudes". Straight.com. 2006-11-30. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- "Special Features - Chef Ricardo Larrivée". City Life Magazine. October–November 2007. Retrieved 2008-03-15.
- "Order of Canada Appointments". June 30, 2014. Retrieved July 1, 2014.