Ricardo Rodriguez (wrestler)
Rodriguez in 2011
|Birth name||Jesús Rodríguez|
February 17, 1986 |
Van Nuys, California
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Billed weight||230 lb (100 kg)|
|Billed from||San Luis Potosí, Mexico (FCW)
|Trained by||Black Pearl
|Debut||August 11, 2006|
Jesús Rodríguez (born February 17, 1986) is a Mexican American professional wrestler, ring announcer and commentator best known for his time in WWE under the ring names Ricardo Rodriguez and El Local. After wrestling on the independent circuit in 2006 as Chimaera, Rodriguez joined WWE on August 20, 2010 serving as the ring announcer of Alberto Del Rio until August 5, 2014.
- 1 Professional wrestling career
- 2 Other media
- 3 In wrestling
- 4 Championships and accomplishments
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Professional wrestling career
Independent circuit (2006-2010)
Before wrestling for independent California promotions, Rodriguez wrestled with other upcoming wrestlers in backyards for BBW Beyond Backyard Wrestling. Rodriguez formerly wrestled for various promotions as the masked wrestler Chimaera, and his professional wrestling debut came at UEW's 1st Annual West Coast Cruiser Cup Tournament on August 11, 2006. At Pro Wrestling Affiliates, Chimaera lost to Charles Mercury in the first round of a PWA Light Heavyweight Championship tournament. Chimaera and Jason Watts teamed up to take on the NWPW Tag Team Champions Aerial Star and Ric Ellis and initially lost, but beat them for the championship on October 4, 2008. They lost the title in a two-on-one handicap match to Ryan Stone. On August 2, 2009, he had a three-way match for the AWS Lightweight Championship, with Peter Avalon and Chris Kadillak. In Chikara, he participated in the Young Lions Cup VII and was eliminated by KC Day. At Dragon Gate USA, Chimaera competed in a Dragon Gate Fray match which was won by Brad Allen on March 26, 2010. For Deutsche Wrestling Allianz Chimaera had two championship opportunities one for the DWA Cruiserweight Championship and one for DWA Tag Team Championship. He also participated in Vendetta Pro Triforce Championship tournament and beat Brian Cage and Jason Watts in the final for the vacant Vendetta Pro Triforce Championship and vacated the championship when he signed with WWE. He also participated in the World War III 159 Man battle royal. Rodriguez was also a trainer for California based promotion, Fit Pit Pro Wrestling. He has also wrestled in So Cal Pro, EMLL, CWX, NWPW, NWT/NTLL, BPW, the West Coast Wrestling Company, Vendetta Pro and in both IWL and LLII as Jesse Long.
World Wrestling Entertainment / WWE
Florida Championship Wrestling (2010–2011)
Rodriguez, as Chimaera, debuted in Florida Championship Wrestling on December 2, 2010, in a ten-man tag match, teaming with Husky Harris, Buck Dixon, Matt Clements and Kenny Li to defeat Big E Langston, Darren Young, James Bronson, Kevin Hackman and Roman Leakee. On December 17, 2010, Chimaera lost to Richie Steamboat.
From 2011, he competed in FCW under the Ricardo Rodriguez gimmick. On August 28, 2011, Ricardo Rodriguez said that Alberto Del Rio was an employee of his father's agency. Ricardo Rodriguez formed a stable called "The Ascension" with Conor O'Brian, Tito Colon, Kenneth Cameron, and Raquel Diaz. However, by September 26, the Ascension no longer associated with Rodriguez, as a video package promoting the Ascension only featured the latter four Ascension members without Rodriguez, and when the Ascension had their first match together in October, Rodriguez did not accompany them.
Alberto Del Rio's ring announcer (2010–2013)
Rodriguez debut in the WWE on the SmackDown brand on August 20, 2010, as Ricardo Rodriguez, a personal ring announcer to Alberto Del Rio. As well as being the personal ring announcer, Rodriguez also helped Del Rio win matches by distracting his opponents.
On the January 4, 2011 episode of WWE NXT, Rodriguez took Del Rio's place in a battle royal for the NXT Pros, and was quickly eliminated by R-Truth. On NXT, Rodriguez feuded with Del Rio's Rookie, Conor O'Brian, after he claimed a rat problem. On the January 18 episode of NXT, Rodriguez and O'Brian brawled backstage, setting up Rodriguez's WWE singles debut, which he won. After the match, O'Brian was eliminated from NXT. Del Rio later gained a new Rookie, Brodus Clay, after Clay won a match which allowed him to change his Pro. Del Rio "temporarily" passed Pro responsibilities of Clay to Rodriguez on the February 1 episode of NXT but never returned for the rest of the season, so Rodriguez managed to coach Clay to a second place finish in the season finale on March 1.
At the 2011 WWE Draft, Rodriguez and Del Rio were drafted to the Raw brand; the duo clashed with Big Show when Rodriguez ran over Big Show's leg by using Del Rio's car. On June 6, Rodriguez masqueraded as Big Show as Del Rio mocked Big Show. On his return to Raw on June 13, Big Show attacked Del Rio. Rodriguez came to his employee's aid and he was brutally attacked which caused him to take time off for an injury. Rodriguez returned on July 18, 2011 On August 30 episode of SmackDown, when John Cena called out Del Rio, Rodriguez walked out alone to reply to Cena. Rodriguez spoke in a mixture of English and Spanish, explaining that Del Rio was not present. Cena then asked Rodriguez to deliver a message to Del Rio, and then promptly punched Rodriguez in the face. On the September 12 episode of Raw, Rodriguez wrestled his first match for the brand, teaming with Del Rio to lose to John Cena and Bret Hart.
At TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chaires, Rodriguez tried to help Del Rio regain the WWE Championship during Del Rio's Triple Threat Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match match. Rodriguez climbed to the top of a ladder in the ring to try to reach the WWE Championship hanging above the ring, but Del Rio's opponents, CM Punk and the Miz, tipped the ladder over such that Rodriguez fell out of the ring and crashed through a table at ringside. Rodriguez's fall was described by critics as dangerous and scary-looking, as well as "the major moment of the show". Fellow professional wrestler Mick Foley, well known for his participation in various dangerous matches, also commented that it was "one heck of a bump". On the January 9, 2012 episode of Raw, when Del Rio was absent, the Miz bullied Rodriguez into insulting and calling out R-Truth. R-Truth came out and made Rodriguez sing La Cucaracha. After that, R-Truth delivered his finisher to Rodriguez. At the 2012 Royal Rumble event, Rodriguez participated in the Royal Rumble match, entering at #8. He and Mick Foley eliminated Justin Gabriel, after which Rodriguez was eliminated by Santino Marella.
Rodriguez and Del Rio were traded to the SmackDown brand on the April 20 episode of SmackDown. On the May 21 episode of Raw, Santino Marella criticised Rodriguez's announcing and then attacked Rodriguez. Rodriguez unsuccessfully challenged Marella to a match on the May 25 SmackDown. On the June 8 SmackDown, to tie in with Del Rio's feud with World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus, Rodriguez dressed up as Sheamus and mocked Sheamus' mannerisms. Rodriguez's portrayal of Sheamus was praised as very funny from critics and fans alike. On the June 11 episode of Raw, Rodriguez resumed his feud with Marella, teaming with Beth Phoenix to beat Marella and Layla. After the match, Marella embarrassed Rodriguez by ripping off Rodriguez's shirt to reveal he was wearing a Justin Bieber T-shirt underneath. Their feud ended at No Way Out, when Rodriguez lost to Marella in a non-title tuxedo match, Rodriguez's first pay-per-view singles match. In September 2012, during Del Rio's feud with Sheamus, Rodriguez suffered a Brogue Kick from Sheamus and thus enlisted David Otunga's help as his lawyer to try and ban the Brogue Kick. Rodriguez was later pinned in a six-man tag match later that month with Del Rio and Otunga against Sheamus, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara.
Rodriguez came to the aid of the Spanish announce team at TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs on December 16, who were being heckled by 3MB (Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater, and Jinder Mahal). As 3MB turned on Rodriguez, Del Rio came to his aid, signalling a face turn for the duo. The turn was further cemented the next night at Raw in a similar situation as Rodriguez came to the aid of Tommy Dreamer, who was being assaulted by the Shield, but Rodriguez ended up being attacked himself. On the December 28 SmackDown, Rodriguez was randomly selected to be the next contender for Big Show's World Heavyweight Championship, but Show knocked him out backstage, starting a feud between Del Rio and Show. Rodriguez received his title match against Show on the December 31 Raw; as Rodriguez was about to lose, Del Rio interfered and attacked Show, causing Rodriguez to lose via disqualification. After Del Rio defeated Show to win the World Heavyweight Championship in January 2013, Rodriguez started bringing a bucket to the ring. During Del Rio's title defense against Show at the Royal Rumble, Rodriguez duct-taped Show's legs to the ring ropes to ensure that Del Rio won the Last Man Standing match; the next week, Show attacked Rodriguez twice. During Del Rio's next feud with Jack Swagger, Rodriguez suffered a storyline broken ankle due to Swagger's attack. On the April 29 edition of Raw, Rodriguez defeated Zeb Colter and Big E Langston in a triple-threat match, giving Del Rio the right to choose the stipulation for his World Heavyweight Championship match at Extreme Rules.
At Payback, Del Rio reverted to being a heel by ruthlessly targeting Ziggler's head after Ziggler's recent concussion to win the World Heavyweight Championship. Rodriguez was suspended for 30 days for his first violation of the WWE Wellness Policy on July 2, 2013. He returned to television on the August 5 episode of Raw, but after he inadvertently cost Del Rio a non-title match against Rob Van Dam, Del Rio viciously assaulted Rodriguez.
Rodriguez returned on the August 19 episode of Raw, revealing that he now worked for Rob Van Dam. The next week on Raw, Rodriguez cost Del Rio a match against Van Dam, and as per match stipulation, Van Dam would get a shot at Del Rio's World Heavyweight Championship at Night of Champions. Just days before the event, Vickie Guerrero who was acting in authority, stated that Rodriguez would not be allowed at ringside for the title match at Night of Champions. He was also forced to wrestle Del Rio on SmackDown, and he lost.  On October 7, he defeated Del Rio, who attacked him after the match. Van Dam and Rodriguez ended their alliance after Van Dam's feud with Del Rio, as he ceased to accompany him to the ring and ring announcing him since after Van Dam returned in April 2014.
El Local and PPV commentator (2012–2014)
Rodriguez started to wrestle as the masked luchador El Local, who remained distinct from his ring announcer character, debuting on the November 3 episode of Saturday Morning Slam in a loss to Sin Cara. In late 2013, Rodriguez (as El Local) began teaming up with another masked competitor (Tyson Kidd) to form Los Locales, a team which never won a match. During this time, Rodriguez became a commentator for the Spanish broadcast team for WWE pay-per-views. In May 2014, Rodriguez (as El Local) formed a tag team with the debuting Kalisto on NXT, in a winning effort against The Legionnaires (Marcus Louis and Sylvester LeFort). Rodriguez was released by WWE on July 30, 2014.
World Wrestling Council (2014-present)
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
- Entrance themes
Championships and accomplishments
- Battleground Pro Wrestling
- BPW MAX Championship (1 time)
- Insane Wrestling League
- IWL Tag Team Championship – with Jason Watts (1 time)
- New Wave Pro Wrestling
- NWPW Tag Team Championship – with Jason Watts (1 time)
- Vendetta Pro Wrestling
- Other titles
- "Online World of Wrestling Profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- "CageMatch Profile". CageMatch. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- "Chimaera". MySpace. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- Ricardo Rodriguez: Profile & Match Listing – Internet Wrestling Database (IWD). Profightdb.com. Retrieved on 2012-07-03.
- Ricardo Rodriguez Matches. cagematch.net
- "ChikaraPro Past Results". ChikaraPro.
- "Dragon Gate USA Past Results". Dragon Gate USA.
- Ricardo Rodriguez Matches. cagematch.net
- "Chimaera : Trainer". Fit Pit Pro Wrestling.
- "Jesus Rodriguez's Wrestling Federations". CageMatch. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- "Jesus Rodriguez's FCW Matches". CageMatch. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- Trionfo, Richard. "FLORIDA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING TELEVISION REPORT: ROLLINS AND AMBROSE WRESTLE FOR 20 MINUTES (AND YOU WANT MORE); RICARDO RODRIGUEZ MAKES A REVELATION ABOUT HIS WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH ALBERTO DEL RIO AND HIS PLANS IN FCW; A HUMAN CAGE MATCH; AND THE BEST ANNOUNCE TEAM IN WWE RIGHT NOW". PWInsider. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "FLORIDA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING TELEVISION REPORT: A CHAMPION IS STRIPPED, A NEW CHAMPION IS CROWNED, ASCENSION MAKES A STATEMENT". PWInsider. Retrieved 6 November 2011.
- "FLORIDA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING TELEVISION REPORT: A NEW FCW CHAMPION IS CROWNED AND ASCENSION MAKES THEIR IN RING DEBUT". PWInsider. Retrieved 6 November 2011.
- "Fit Pit Trainer Signed To Smackdown!". Fit Pit Pro Wrestling. 2010-09-23.
- "WWE Bio". WWE.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE NXT RESULTS 1/4: Complete "virtual time" coverage of NXT Season 4, Week 5 – first elimination to begin 2011". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-09-02.
- Bishop, Matt (2011-01-19). "WWE NXT: Eliminated wrestler buried again". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 2/1: Alt. perspective review of DiBiase vs. Clay, Arm Wrestling challenge, Overview of four remaining Rookies". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Bishop, Matt (2011-03-02). "WWE NXT: Will Clay or Curtis be crowned next breakout star?". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2011-03-02.
- Caldwell, James (2011-05-23). "Caldwell's WWE Raw results 5/23: Complete "virtual time" coverage of live Raw – Over the Limit PPV fall-out, Bret Hart, Savage tribute". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 6/6: Complete "virtual time" coverage of live Raw - Steve Austin special referee main event, Booker's first match in four years". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- Bishop, Matt (2011-06-14). "Raw: Austin, Piper headline 'All Star' night". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- Martin, Todd. "Todd Martin's Raw Isn't Zack Ryder TV report for June 13". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 7/18: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – Money in the Bank PPV fall-out, McMahon opens Raw". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Tedesco, Mike. "Smackdown Results – 8/30/11". Wrestleview. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 9/12: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw Supershow on USA On December 18 in the PPV TLC Ricardo fell from a 16 foot ladder and land on a table Network". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- Keller, Wade. "KELLER'S WWE TLC PPV REPORT 12/18: Punk vs. Del Rio vs. Miz, Triple H vs. Nash, Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE TLC PPV REPORT 12/18: Complete "virtual time" coverage of live PPV – TLC, Table, Ladder, Chair matches". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- Kyght, Nathan. "KYGHT'S PPV EVALUATION – WWE TLC (12–18–11): Best/Worst Match, Memorable Moments, Best Fall Through A Table, Updated 2011 PPV Rankings". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "Foley comments on Ricardo's big fall at TLC". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 1/9: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – Jericho Week 2, Kane-Cena/Ryder dominates, Hall of Fame". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- Caldwell, James. "Caldwell's WWE Royal Rumble report 1/29: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of live PPV – Rumble match, Punk-Ziggler, Cena-Kane, steel cage". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- Caldwell, James (2012-04-20). "Top WWE star switches brands". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2012-04-20.
- Tylwalk, Nick. "Raw: Big Show sells out and the locker room empties". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- Parks, Greg. "PARKS' WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 5/25: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of the show, including Triple-Threat #1 Contender Match". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- "Smackdown Results – 6/8/12". Wrestleview. "Sheamus' music hits, and Ricardo Rodriguez makes his way to the stage hilariously dressed as Sheamus."
- Keller, Wade. "KELLER'S TV SIX PACK: Quick thoughts on WWE Smackdown including Booker's jaw-dropping statement, Ross being mocked, Christian's good explanation". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 11 June 2012. "Ricardo was very funny as Sheamus."
- "WWE Smackdown Reax #1: Smackdown mid-card shows promise; criticism of WWE's attempts at humor this week". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 11 June 2012. "John D. of Liverpool, England (7.0): Best: Ricardo Rodriguez dressed as Sheamus"
- Tylwalk, Nick. "Raw: Vince McMahon stops by for a John Laurinaitis performance review". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- Caldwell, James (17 June 2012). "CALDWELL'S WWE NO WAY OUT PPV REPORT 6/17". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- Parks, Greg. "PARKS' WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 9/7: Ongoing coverage of Friday night show, including Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes & The Miz". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 9/24: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Cena announcement, Lawler interview, latest on WWE Title picture". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "TLC PPV NEWS: A.J. factors in main event, title match results, Shield's stand-out performance, Punk-Rock, heel turning face?". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 12/17: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - The strangest show of the year concludes with the debut of a new monster heel; Ric Flair returns". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Parks, Greg. "PARKS' WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 12/28: Complete "virtual time" coverage of Friday night show, including Miz vs. Ziggler". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 12/31: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of New Year's Eve episode - Champion's Choice Night ends with Cena dressing down Ziggler". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- Parks, Greg. "PARKS' WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 1/11: Complete coverage of Friday night show, including Smackdown return of The Rock, Del Rio vs. Big Show for the World Title in Last Man Standing match". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 1/21: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Rock attacked on final Raw before Rumble, Cena speech closes Raw (updated w/Box Score)". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 August 2013. "Justin Roberts introduced Ricardo Rodriguez, who came out on-stage with a Mexican flag bucket in-hand."
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 1/28: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Lesnar returns, Rock's first night as champ, Heyman-McMahon (updated w/Box Score)". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Parks, Greg. "PARKS'S WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 2/1: Complete "virtual time" coverage of Friday night show, including a major World Title announcement, Del Rio-Ziggler (updated w/Box Score)". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 3/18: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Hunter signs WM29 contract, IC Title match, more WM29 developments". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 4/29 (Hour 1): Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Orton vs. Rhodes PPV-quality match, bizarre opening, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE PAYBACK PPV RESULTS 6/16 (Hour 2): Punk vs. Jericho, New World Hvt. champion & double-turn". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 6/17 (Hour 1): Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Payback PPV fall-out, Punk confronts new World champ, big return from injury". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Ricardo Rodriguez suspended for 30 days". WWE. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "RAW NEWS: Heyman advertised for singles match next week, Lesnar returns, Bryan's "corporate make-over," Kofi & Ricardo return, Miz TV segment announced, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "RAW NEWS: Cena gone 4-6 months, Triple H explanation, WWE Title & World Title pictures, RVD, new tag team, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S SATURDAY SLAM RESULTS 11/3: Clay vs. Rhodes main event, WCW Nitro flashback, Mike Tenay, El Local, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Tyson Kidd Profile". Superluchas.net. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "WWE Smackdown TV report". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- McNeill, Pat. "McNeill's PPV blog 11/24: Live Blog for WWE Survivor Series - ongoing thoughts & observations". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "FLORIDA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING TELEVISION REPORT: WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION; SETH ROLLINS AND DAMIEN SANDOW IN AN FCW 15 MATCH; A NEW GENERAL MANAGER (AND IT IS A HUMAN)". PWInsider. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- Trionfo, Richard. "FLORIDA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING TV REPORT: MISTER ANTONIO CESARO MAKES HIS IN RING DEBUT AND THE FCW TITLE IS ON THE LINE". PWInsider. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT REPORT: BRAY WYATT RETURNS TO THE RING; EL RETURN OF EL LOCAL; DIVAS DRAMA AND ACTION; AND THE NXT TITLE PICTURE INCREASES". PWInsider. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT REPORT: DIVAS TITLE MATCH; ORTON VERSUS SANDOW; CLAY VERSUS EL LOCAL; AND THE NEXT STEP FOR OHNO AND REGAL". PWInsider. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- Hillhouse, Dave. "Smackdown: No time to rest". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 13 May 2012. "Then everything goes south as Ricardo Rodriguez climbs the ropes and knocks Sheamus down with a cross body, and Alberto Del Rio slips in with the cross arm-breaker on that much-aligned left arm."
- http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2013-09-13/results-26147271/page-7 Alberto Del Rio def. Ricardo Rodriguez
- "WWE: WrestleMania - The Music 2013". iTunes Store. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "IWL News and Info". Insane Wrestling League.
- "NWPW Tag Team Title History". New Wave Pro Wrestling.
- "VPW Results". Vendetta Pro Wrestling.
- Meltzer, Dave (January 30, 2012). "Jan 30 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Gigantic year-end awards issue, best and worst in all categories plus UFC on FX 1, death of Savannah Jack, ratings, tons and tons of news". Wrestling Observer Newsletter (Campbell, CA). ISSN 1083-9593.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ricardo Rodriguez.|
- Ricardo Rodriguez's profile on WWE.com
- Ricardo Rodriguez at the Internet Movie Database
- Ricardo Rodriguez on Twitter
- Ricardo Rodriguez on Facebook
- ProFight Database profile and statistic
- Luchawiki profile