Rice Owen Clark
In 1854 he bought land in Hobsonville becoming one of the first European settlers in the area. It was there that he set up a prosperous business making drain pipes, bricks and tiles for the increasing number of settlers. Much of the clay he used was being sourced from Limeburners Bay, which is now an archaeological site.
- Summer Sailor: My Essay, Retrieved 1 September 2012
- NZ Historic Brick Database, Retrieved 1 September 2012
- The Aucklander: Heritage has day in court, Retrieved 1 September 2012
- New Zealand Lost Cases Project, 1 September 1849, Retrieved 1 September 2012
- New Zealand Historical Places: Clark House, Retrieved 1 September 2012
- Clough, R. 2006. Hobsonville Limeburners Bay, Proposed Subdivision Dp104222: Archaeological Assessment. Unpublished Report.
- West Auckland History: Not the 'woman' he thought he was (Western Leader, 15 September 2009)