Rice Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois
Location in Jo Daviess County
Jo Daviess County's location in Illinois
|Established||February 22, 1859|
|• Supervisor||Duane Dehnicke|
|• Total||29.7 sq mi (77 km2)|
|• Land||24.4 sq mi (63 km2)|
|• Water||5.3 sq mi (14 km2) 17.85%|
|Elevation||686 ft (209 m)|
|• Density||13.9/sq mi (5.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61036, 61041|
|GNIS feature ID||0429627|
Rice Township is one of twenty-three townships in Jo Daviess County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 338 and it contained 268 housing units. It was formed as Washington Township from East Galena Township on February 22, 1859; its name changed to Rice Township on June 16, 1859.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.7 square miles (77 km2), of which 24.4 square miles (63 km2) (or 82.15%) is land and 5.3 square miles (14 km2) (or 17.85%) is water.
- East Galena Township (north)
- Guilford Township (northeast)
- Elizabeth Township (east)
- Hanover Township (southeast)
- West Galena Township (northwest)
The township contains Prospect Hill Methodist Episcopalian Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Merkle Engineers Airport
- Spratts Lake
- Galena Unit School District 120
- River Ridge Community Unit School District 210
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Rice Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Jo Daviess County official site
- Illinois State Archives
- Township Officials of Illinois